sway bar uneven

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
I'm installing sway bar discos on an xj, they seem to want to be a different length on each side, is this normal or do I have a bent sway bar? It's about a half inch difference from side to side. my drive way does have a slight angle, could that be it? The sway bar mounts appear to be straight.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Are they adjustable ? If not then have someone push near the roofline to get em' inline. I have to do this once in awhile on uneven ground. I just have my copilot push on the roofrack.

If adjustable. Make sure they are both the same length .

XJEEPER

I'd suspect a coil spring that had sagged a bit, before a bent swaybar........but uneven terrain will net the same result. Do a 180* with your Jeep in the driveway and see if the 1/2" difference changes sides.

4x4life

Bent Sway bar is unlikely, it doesn't take much to twist/role a suspension 1/2 inch. I have to push/pull on my front bumper to get my disconnects connected again. I wouldn't worry about anything being wrong.

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
I ended up pushing the roof rack up and got it to go on. I had to whack it with a mallet a couple times to get it all the way on. Seems like it is under a slight bind on driver side. i guess i'll just leave my small mallet in the jeep. On a side note went to buy the extra bullet to mount the swaybar onto when disconnected, 10 bucks a piece for a glorified bolt and nut. I think I will just make my own for that price...