Sweet..... car?

mr_blove

ask me if I care
yeah that one is pretty sweet but the first one you got the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth you cant beat that!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
mr_blove said:
yeah that one is pretty sweet but the first one you got the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth you cant beat that!!
And I could build the first one. Fabricating a complete body is a PITA.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Hickey said:
Would it be possible to build a car like this and make it street legal in Utah?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573&q=ariel+atom

I was once told that it can be done. The kit car guys do it all the time. Utah and other states have compacts that they will allow a titled vehicle from that other state to be lisenced in Utah. So - you may have to license it in a state where it is easy to do so and then bring it to Utah a year later. Know anybody iin spudaho??? :greg:

What your insurance agent will say is another story!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Greg said:
How about something a little more offroad worthy?

http://www.ridgerunner.biz/

Dunes and Rocks anyone??

Looks like they have Fox Air shocks all the way around! Rear WD, Independent suspension F & R... I bet it wouldn't be too hard to build something similar.

BlueUpRock.jpg

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Greg said:
Looks like they have Fox Air shocks all the way around! Rear WD, Independent suspension F & R... I bet it wouldn't be too hard to build something similar.

BlueUpRock.jpg
they are based off of a polaris motor and rear suspension. way to much money IMO.

Caleb

James K said:
they are based off of a polaris motor and rear suspension. way to much money IMO.

to buy, yes...but to build!!! :cool:

I have been gathering info and pics for quite some time to build something similar. It will be smaller, closer to the size of a four wheeler. My first one will be a single seat 2wd made to haul ass (baja style), the next one I plan to build I want to try and do a 4wd system and make it a two seater :D I don't want to use "real" axles (e.g. sammi, toy, D30s, etc) because of how much power you'd loose, nor do I want to use an automotive t-case for the same reason...I have some pretty good ideas on how to accomplish this ;)

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Supergper said:
to buy, yes...but to build!!! :cool:

I have been gathering info and pics for quite some time to build something similar. It will be smaller, closer to the size of a four wheeler. My first one will be a single seat 2wd made to haul ass (baja style), the next one I plan to build I want to try and do a 4wd system and make it a two seater :D I don't want to use "real" axles (e.g. sammi, toy, D30s, etc) because of how much power you'd loose, nor do I want to use an automotive t-case for the same reason...I have some pretty good ideas on how to accomplish this ;)

My idea was similiar- use a 4WD subaru with the motor in the rear - adapt the portal boxes and everything rotates the right way. Use a WRX sti motor and you have 300 HP 4x4 that weighs very little!! :D

broncodan

For Your Viewing Pleasure
KToy said:
its a go cart with speed and power and i want one.

didnt he say 20,000 pounds how much is that in our money ?

About $35,500. You can make kit cars, and get them legal. You just need to make sure you title them as old cars (help with inspections) and all you really need are bumpers, blinkers, headlights, breaklights, a horn, seatbelts, I do not know if you need a windshield. Building a street legal rig like that is do-able, look at all the people who license those old Buggies (VW's?). They look like a toy bumper car! :greg: