SXOR event

Jeep_people

This event was awesome. Could be better planned and run smoother with time I am sure that they will get it, but even with the fact that my jeep was totaled it was the most fun I've had at an event in a few years. If anyone is considering competing for a first time I would recomend giving SXOR a shot. The courses for the stock class were designed to test the driver but were all finished by at least 3 of the 4 competitors in the field. The few vehicles that timed out on obstacles were due to driver error not course difficulty.
Hopefully one of the three videos of the roll that totaled my jeep will be posted somewhere soon. I do not have the video myself, yet, but have contact with the three that do so it shouldn't take long. The roll that totaled my Jeep was seven and a half revolutions. The course was near an edge that had a slope for about 200 yards when the course was walked we had no worries about the area where it happened. As many of you know sometimes the most routine looking area can go wrong if we had driven the same area 100 times we would have never rolled. So if you hear the stories and see the video don't let it discourage you from competing because this in no way represented the courses it could have just as easily happened on a trail ride. After that roll SXOR was quick to take some extra precaution by putting their own vehicles in any area that could have produced multiple rolls to act as safety barriers. I applaud SXOR's first attempt with this format and hope to have a rig ready to compete in their next event at the end of May.

Also when you see the video remember that the driver walked away with only minor brusieing, and his first question to the Marshall was "can I get a do over"
I will post pics of what is left of the rig tomorrow.

Jacob Beard

Kyle

GO Jr.
Jeep_people said:
I just got back from the event and the winners are Jake Mecham in modified and Tony K in super mod.

Congrats on the win guys.

hey Jake its all about the stickers :rofl: ;) :rofl:

Kyle

grinch

inner city redneck
I just got back myself.... Best event I’ve been to in a very long time. There was some worry that this would turn into an all out rock race because of the whole time thing. IT WAS NOT. The courses were set up to slow you down and not beat up your rig like balls to the wall racing does. I loved the time system instead of points.... Loved the fact that there are no penalties for stops or backs. I mean who in the real world worries about stopping and backing when wheeling. Because of this there were almost zero chances for Judges to make mistakes. My only concern about the event was a few safety issues. Like the crowd being a little to close at times. Then again I have the same concerns about the UROC comps. All in all Mike and Brandon wanted our feed back to help make their series the best it could be. I truly believe that they mean it.
It was good times and was glad I was given the chance to compete in their first event. Thanks to all and if you thought about competing in this series I would say go for it. It was worth it....
Oh yeah and Thanks Jake for driving our team to a first place. We finaly got one under the belt...
Oh yeah and Mr Beard that was probably the most impressive roll I have seen in my life. Damn good show. Im glad you still have a positive outlook on the comp with that under your belt... Your one tuff bird.

Last edited:

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Jeep_people said:
This event was awesome. Could be better planned and run smoother with time I am sure that they will get it, but even with the fact that my jeep was totaled it was the most fun I've had at an event in a few years. If anyone is considering competing for a first time I would recomend giving SXOR a shot. The courses for the stock class were designed to test the driver but were all finished by at least 3 of the 4 competitors in the field. The few vehicles that timed out on obstacles were due to driver error not course difficulty.
Hopefully one of the three videos of the roll that totaled my jeep will be posted somewhere soon. I do not have the video myself, yet, but have contact with the three that do so it shouldn't take long. The roll that totaled my Jeep was seven and a half revolutions. The course was near an edge that had a slope for about 200 yards when the course was walked we had no worries about the area where it happened. As many of you know sometimes the most routine looking area can go wrong if we had driven the same area 100 times we would have never rolled. So if you hear the stories and see the video don't let it discourage you from competing because this in no way represented the courses it could have just as easily happened on a trail ride. After that roll SXOR was quick to take some extra precaution by putting their own vehicles in any area that could have produced multiple rolls to act as safety barriers. I applaud SXOR's first attempt with this format and hope to have a rig ready to compete in their next event at the end of May.

Also when you see the video remember that the driver walked away with only minor brusieing, and his first question to the Marshall was "can I get a do over"

Jacob Beard

Was it the Purple XJ at the bottom of gate 1?

toykrawler

slightly modified crew
Hey badcop it wasnt' that jeep it was on Friday. That was a badass event. I think they need to speed things up a little, like in between runs. A couple times we had to wait a good ten to fifteen minutes in between runs. Altogether it was put on and organized very well. Big props to mike and brandon for putting this on. I will not miss the next one.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I had no idea, it was after Bud left Fri and I go there sat, there was a purp XJ at the bottom of the gate that was trashed, hell even worse than mine after I cut the roof off.

Kyle

GO Jr.
somebody has got to have some pics.
or a list of all competitors and where the finished
Lets see em

Bart

Jeep_people said:

Jacob Beard

Sorry to hear about the rig but congrats on the win. Sounds like a great time.
Bart

baerpaws

I would Like to thank everyone who came out. We had a great time with all of you and invite you all back.

Special thanks to all of the SXOR staff: judges, marshalls, security, and all the crowd control.

The first day was very exciting with an amazing roll by Rick Beard. Glad you are fine and hope to see you again. Jake Mecham and Brian Montague(sorry for the spelling) took home first place in the modified. Great job guys

The SXOR models turned it up again aat the pool party friday night.

Saturday's stock class was very exciting. I thought it was a great show and kudos to the drivers. It was a little different to see Troy Bailey and travis heslington driving instaed of spotting but he did a great job and went home with a second place. James Andrus and Jake Mecham spotting took home first place. I'm sure I'll see James again and look forward too it.

Congrates to Tony Kasabasich for first place. Jake Hallanback his spotter also took second place. It was awsome to see 2 rival competitors work as a team and spot each other then drive against each other. This is true cometition and proves my point. We are all in this together and Tony K and Jake Hallenback showed us all the friendship they have and their competitive nature brought them victory. great job guys

Mike Baer
SXOR Motorsports

Tony K

baerpaws said:
I would Like to thank everyone who came out. We had a great time with all of you and invite you all back.

Special thanks to all of the SXOR staff: judges, marshalls, security, and all the crowd control.

The first day was very exciting with an amazing roll by Rick Beard. Glad you are fine and hope to see you again. Jake Mecham and Brian Montague(sorry for the spelling) took home first place in the modified. Great job guys

The SXOR models turned it up again aat the pool party friday night.

Saturday's stock class was very exciting. I thought it was a great show and kudos to the drivers. It was a little different to see Troy Bailey and travis heslington driving instaed of spotting but he did a great job and went home with a second place. James Andrus and Jake Mecham spotting took home first place. I'm sure I'll see James again and look forward too it.

Congrates to Tony Kasabasich for first place. Jake Hallanback his spotter also took second place. It was awsome to see 2 rival competitors work as a team and spot each other then drive against each other. This is true cometition and proves my point. We are all in this together and Tony K and Jake Hallenback showed us all the friendship they have and their competitive nature brought them victory. great job guys

Mike Baer
SXOR Motorsports

Thanks Mike and Brandon for a great event.

I remember telling Mike several things about the courses that I would change but after the drive home and having a chance to think about it, Don't change a thing. The speed of the stages was plenty slow but still allowed you to gas it up a few times and get the crowd into it. As always, second guessing Mike gets you nowhere. He is the best and SXOR has hit a homer to get him.

Is the next event likely to be St George and the 3rd is Wy ??? I need to set schedules this week. E-mail me if you need.

Anyone that has any pics of our runs, We didn't shoot anything worth sending to Mtn Dew and they really like this stuff for ad campains. If you have anything, please let me know and maybe we can trade for some green cans.

thanks

Tony K

tony@rockequipment.com

bigoyj

zuk eater
sxorwendover

:eek: :p iwentto wendover forthe comp. i was suprised how much better it was than uroc . they had achance to use their vec for a faster pace. itwas not as slow pace like u roc. when the winner had a chance to finish with neg time. i was verry impressed . for their first event they did better than the firs event i went to at u rock. the sxor girls have a very good adtude. they were very good to the kids and adults. they wrer verry prof. bi will be at every event they have in the furture. one of the best events ever. i was realy suprised that you could talk to mike or brandon , who was putting it on . they are great guys. at uroc i can not even tell you any buddys name .if you wantto know any body at u roc by a magozine to who was there . at sxor i met all the drivers , all the sxor girls. sxor rules . please do not let sxor ever disapear . i will not go to another u roc event if sxor gets more events. sxor rules and has a very great thing going. please post moor events sceg on the site soon . i am going to build a stock class rig because the made it look so fun . great job