SXS, which one???

Corban_White

We rented a pair of RZR 4s last year, one was a 1000xp and the other was a 900. There was a very noticeable difference in power between the 2. That's about all I can offer about the sxs, however, you mentioned a track kit for the bike. You should DEFINITELY get one. :D A 4 seat rzr and a timbersled would be a SWEET setup. The timbersled RAW is quite affordable now.

Caleb

It's a Polaris. And yeah, no, not right now.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40821427&nid=148

I was going to make a comment about how I'm sure you can find a fire incident with most vehicles/atvs...but at least 160 DOCUMENTED incidents is kind of really scary :eek: I do like the rzrs but I'll have to keep a close eye on this recall stuff and make sure it's really addressed and they're not just throwing a heat shield on or something like that. :(

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Having just gone through the recall, I can tell you exactly what they address. They installed additional heat shields on the exhaust to protect the plastics, replaced the overheating voltage regulator, re-routed the fuel tank vent, and re-flashed the computer to lower operating temps.

I just returned from a week on the Arapeen trails. 5 RZR's and one Can Am. I think the build quality of the Can Am is better than the RZR, but the Can Am design is terrible. It was the only one we tipped over.

Attachments

• dean.jpg
    dean.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 35

Cascadia

Undecided
A good friend of my parents had a daughter last 4th of July in a rollover with her family. She ended up in the burn unit at pch for 4 months. Eventually had her legs amputated and a month later she passed away. Terrible story. They were well taken care of by Polaris and settled out of court I think cause they knew there was a problem.

Caleb

Well, just put some money down on a '17 XP4 1000. Should arrive mid-next week. Hopefully I'll have it for our trip to our cabin next weekend. Now I need to decide which tracks setup to go with. :)

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Awesome. Did you consider the General 4? That is the one I've been eyeing but I'm a bit nervous to drop in on a first year model.
Where did you purchase?

Caleb

Yeah, I considered the General a lot. I keep going between the the Rzr and it. Finally decided, as other suggested, I'd probably end up using it for more than running in and out of my cabin so I went with the Rzr. I ordered it through Moto United in Draper.

Caleb

I do have to say that if I was looking for a two seater, the new CanAm Maverick X3 would have probably been at the top of my list. It looks to be a nice machine and is quite good looking too.

D

Deleted member 12904

I do have to say that if I was looking for a two seater, the new CanAm Maverick X3 would have probably been at the top of my list. It looks to be a nice machine and is quite good looking too.
I'm hearing even with the lower seats and rear engine they still have the famous CanAm body roll. Even in the factory videos you see it 3 wheeling in the hard turns

Caleb

I'm hearing even with the lower seats and rear engine they still have the famous CanAm body roll. Even in the factory videos you see it 3 wheeling in the hard turns

Interesting. Then I'm glad they didn't offer a 4 seater to confuse me too much :D

What are the must have accessories for these things? I've read a roof, a windshield, a rear view mirror...would you guys agree? Anything else? I'm planning on getting a new cage from the get go and I'll get some lower and upper doors since we'll have tracks on for the winter. I'm sure we'll do some speakers as my wife loves to have music going.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Roof is a must. In a 4 seater you really need an interior rear view mirror. Windshield is another must have. I have Ryfabs I both of mine, it's the only way to go. PM Craig for the best price locally. I have a couple of half windshields here if you want to test drive one on yours, but I'll warn you now they suck and don't waste your money on one

Oh, and you'll want to put full doors on it.
There are plenty of kits to convert your half doors. If you're going to drive in snow or mud, this is a must have.

Last edited: