SYE kit

Caleb

$200-$300 for the install is what I got when I called around years ago, can't see it going up too much. (I actually ended up doing it myself, and I'll do my next one myself as well)

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
i'm acctually just trying to figure out what to charge a buddy to put one in. it seems like i always under bid stuff, when i work for friends:)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
i'm acctually just trying to figure out what to charge a buddy to put one in. it seems like i always under bid stuff, when i work for friends:)

I usually just end up doing stuff like that for free, so they'll get their junk done and come wheelin with me. :D

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
i've been doin it for free or nearly free too for the same reason :rofl: but i'm spending way to much time on other peoples stuff at 1 beer an hour:rofl: :rofl:

Drew_XJ

Jeep is a 4 letter word
i got a procomp sye on my xj did it myself was pretty straight forward just pay attention to where the parts fall off when you split your case. took me about an hour and a half to remove the case install the sye and put it back in so a shop shouldnt charge you more then two hours in labor

1993yj

Because the service at Mepco, err, Tera is terrible (in my opinion). And I mean at the counter, not in the shop (I have no experience there, other than I know Dennis is a good guy). I am hoping to see that change with the name change. I have the Currie one, easy to install and works fine.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I agree with wayne. don't know how you can get it out and back in in an hour and 1/2.

There are some rigs that are easier than others, and if I was to bust my butt, I could probably get it done quicker. But I don't. I take my time and make sure everything is right. I also take the entire case apart and check everything else while I'm in there. Doing this I've found other issues that were coming up that were going to begin causing problems. For example, the plastic bushings on the shift forks seem to be real common.

Heck, one way to shave some time off would be to install the kit while the TC is still in the rig! I bet then I could do it in about an hour.

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
I figure you do it right the first time or it ends up back in the shop. If you do it in the rig you are definately not going to be as clean. I always pull the t-case and go through the whole thing to include the shift linkages. Usually if a guy is taking it to a shop. he might be able to do the work himself but he is paying for my professional opinion and work. I want to recognize all the problems he might not see doing it himself and I am going to make sure he won't have problems down the road.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I figure you do it right the first time or it ends up back in the shop. If you do it in the rig you are definately not going to be as clean. I always pull the t-case and go through the whole thing to include the shift linkages. Usually if a guy is taking it to a shop. he might be able to do the work himself but he is paying for my professional opinion and work. I want to recognize all the problems he might not see doing it himself and I am going to make sure he won't have problems down the road.

...Exactly, because I don't want to see it back and the next time I see him on the trail I want to be remembered for fixing his TC 2 years ago and not having any problems with it.

Elkhunter96

I had six states in Ogden install a teraflex sye kit and the dang speedo has never worked yet, but they only charged 100 or 150. cant tell if it is shotty work or a crappy product

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
Speedo should be an easy fix. can't verify the teraflex kit. but on most of the other kits they come with a new speedo gear and if you don't clock the speedo cable right it won't work. wayne will correct me if I am wrong but on the part that inserts into the t-case there are numbers for the number of teeth you have on your speedo gear. I.E. if there is 32 teeth on the speedo gear you will see numbers 32-38, 40-46, 26-30 or something like that. the numbers that correspond to your tooth count go toward the bracket that holds it in place. if your speedo isn't working try rotating that gear 1/4 turn one way or another. hope that helps.

Six States in Orem is the only one I would trust. I just heard the SLC Six States dropped someones Cherokee off their hoist 8ft on its side. Bummer