T-18 to Dana 20 and 304

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
No. Sorry keep looking for a granny first CJ T18.

Think about using the Ford tranny with an adapter and a dana 300 you will be slightly poorer but happier in the end.

K85k03

bobdog said:

So if I go with the Dana 300 would the input shaft of the ford T18 work? or would I have to change the input shaft? I was just wondering because I have a t18 out an 87 ford just laying around.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You will need to change the T18 output for either tranny. I agree about using the d300. Much more options when you go that way.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
K85k03 said:
bobdog said:

So if I go with the Dana 300 would the input shaft of the ford T18 work? or would I have to change the input shaft? I was just wondering because I have a t18 out an 87 ford just laying around.

The Ford Tranny will mate to the AMC engine using a factory AMC bellhousing and a special pilot bushing, the problem is that you will need to buy an adapter to mate it to a Jeep transfer case. As long as you have to spend the money for an adapter you may as well go with a dana 300. I am not even sure anyone makes an adapter to go from a Ford T18 to a dana 20 T/C

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
bobdog said:
The Ford Tranny will mate to the AMC engine using a factory AMC bellhousing and a special pilot bushing, the problem is that you will need to buy an adapter to mate it to a Jeep transfer case. As long as you have to spend the money for an adapter you may as well go with a dana 300. I am not even sure anyone makes an adapter to go from a Ford T18 to a dana 20 T/C
AA does.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
K85k03 said:
who is AA? just wondering because I have the dana 20 in the jeep right now. But also how much would i be looking at spending to buy a 300?
Advanced Adapters. A used D300 goes for about 175-300.