t case tj

Xploderkid97

Well i have gone from fixing a u joint, to replacing a drive line, to putting a slip yoke kit in to now replacing a transfer case! I was in the middle of installing the SYE only to find that once i dropped the t case, it has a crack in it!

Does anybody know if i can weld it up? or have any ideas for me? How much is a junk yard case? any body have a spare laying around? any help would be great!

N8RB8R

Front or rear case? used fronts are plentiful and cheap and new rears are pretty reasonable brand new, try Teraplus they do lots of 4 to 1 conversions and should have what you need.

Xploderkid97

i am now looking into the tera low. I got a decent return :D

As far as front or rear, i am unsure which it would be, i would say front, it is the side that joins the transmission.

Some one suggested to me getting a junkyard rubicon t case with the 4:1 does that really work as far as swapping it in? Or should i stick with tera low? Also, is it worth the extra money between the tera low and an atlas? or is the teralow sufficient?
sorry for all the newbie questions, i am trying to learn as much as i can! thanks for the help!