T-Giving Point UVSC Auto Show/Expo!!!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
OK, so maybe the "powers that be" can make this into a "sticky". :)

Anyway, RME's own Bart Jacobs has gone to great lengths to make this annual event happen, and it is my hope that he jumps in here to add any info/details I happen to miss.

WHEN: Saturday, May 17
WHERE: Thanksgiving Point
COST: Only $3.00 per person (3 and under FREE!)
SHOW TIME: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
VEHICLE REGISTRATION: 7:00 am to 11:00 am
AWARD CEREMONY: 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm

HIGHLIGHTS!: $20.00 to enter vehicle ($25.00 day of show), $10.00 for each additional. Spectator parking and swap meet FREE!

ENTRY FORMS and ADDITIONAL INFO!: Simply stop by Ben Hanks Racing (a proud sponsor of the '08 UVSC Auto Expo) :)

Last edited:

Coco

question is this like a hot rod show? or will there be a part jeep show too? One more question, I was wondering if this is possible.

Ok, so there are a bunch of people that have Radio Controlled rock crawlers in utah, and was possibly wondering if we could enter in a bunch of them, and make a course to play on and show the fans?! Just a thought, but let me know if this is possible. Here is a wonderful lil pic of just some of the crawlers around here!
P1000244_JPG.jpg

Last edited:

Bart

Hey Von, thanks for posting this. The UVSC (soon to be UVU) Auto Expo has grown to one of the largest car shows in the west. I got involved this year because they are branching out and wanted to add an emphasis on 4x4 vehicles. Two vendors on RME will be part of the show, Ben Hanks Racing and TeraPlus. We are working on a having a rock crawling exhibition in the dirt lot to the south of the display area. I also persuaded the committee to add 3 more awards to the show bringing the total to four. They are Best 4x4 Truck, Best 4x4, Best Off Road, and Best 4x4 Competition.

Other special attractions this year include an appearance by Charley Hutton, (painted cars on TV show Overhaulin) and Dennis Gage with My Classic Car TV show will be there.

Should be a fantastic show. Get those rigs shined up and come on out. Like Von said, it will be May 17th at Thanksgiving Point. PM me if you need any additional information.

Bart

Hey Seth, its not too late to get in as a vendor, but we can't get you on the poster at this point in time. We will be doing more flyers soon, so you could be added to those. PM me for more info if you want in.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Do you think have 2 different colors of cladding, and 3 different colored doors would eliminate me from the running?

Coco

hey bart what you think about the R/C thing? Also is the rock course set in stone for sure or not?

Bart

hey bart what you think about the R/C thing? Also is the rock course set in stone for sure or not?

I'll present the R/C thing to the committee to see what they think. Yes, I'm pretty sure the rock course exhibition is a go. Ranch and UROC are going to do it. No, it won't be a Rock Cross, just some exhibition crawling a couple of scheduled times during the day.

Coco

I'll present the R/C thing to the committee to see what they think. Yes, I'm pretty sure the rock course exhibition is a go. Ranch and UROC are going to do it. No, it won't be a Rock Cross, just some exhibition crawling a couple of scheduled times during the day.

Thanx bart, So will we (if we were to sign up) also be allowed on the rock course?

Bart

I'm not sure on the specifics of the rock course, but I'm guessing it will be an invitation thing. I'll get with Ranch to get more information on this.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My vote for best of show!:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jeep truck.jpg
    Jeep truck.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 18