Take Back Utah 2011 (Aug 20th)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
WTH is an "Expo guy"? Is that someone who puts on large-scale public exhibition or show, as of art or manufactured products? That's odd... :)

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
It is great to see Paul and Tacoma talking again. With that break through all we need now are more WORKING/DOING volunteers and some better communication.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
i went last year for the first time. and so it was a lot of fun and good to meet a lot of people wanting the same thing. i for sure will be going again this year. plus you get to drive yer rig on the street without getting into trouble. (been there done that).. i also agree with the president of the usa-all, if we get 1 person to join in that didn't last year, that's a success. and to think of how many people he/she might tell next year.

2INSANE

After reading this... I have a lot to say... BUT! It's a waste of breath...

o313

I am surprised by the amount of bickering this thread (or the people in it rather) are causing. TBU is a great asset to have here in Utah, and so are the many other land use organizations. Why are they being turned against each other here??

Amen

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I have never been to one of these events, but I for one will not miss it this year. In reading this post, there are a lot of opinions on whether this is a good event or a black eye. If any of you have been listening to KSL radio lately; you have probably heard all the SUWA ads popping up. I believe they are gearing up for a big push to get some of our favorite areas closed and if we don't get off the bench and get involved, we will lose this fight!!! If this event gets people off the bench and in the fight, then I for one would say it is a good thing, black eye or not.

If you read other posts in this form, you will see areas you may not even thought about being in trouble are now on the chopping block. Johnson Valley (KOH) Moab (Always) Hanging Tree, Farmington, NM, etc. They even close Tellico OHV Park back east.

I totally agree with the clean up and service projects for our areas and trails. (We need to be more of an environmentalist then they are.) I believe service projects are one of the best ways to get our message across, but the fact is, most of these projects go un-noticed by our politicians and the public. We organize these events and just go get them done without sending the message out. We still need to be in the lime light sometimes and let everyone in the State know we care.

If you love this sport, any other motorized or even some non-motorized sports in Utah or any other state, you need to get involved no matter what the media portrays us as. Just get involved!!!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have never been to one of these events, but I for one will not miss it this year. In reading this post, there are a lot of opinions on whether this is a good event or a black eye. If any of you have been listening to KSL radio lately; you have probably heard all the SUWA ads popping up. I believe they are gearing up for a big push to get some of our favorite areas closed and if we don't get off the bench and get involved, we will lose this fight!!! If this event gets people off the bench and in the fight, then I for one would say it is a good thing, black eye or not.

If you read other posts in this form, you will see areas you may not even thought about being in trouble are now on the chopping block. Johnson Valley (KOH) Moab (Always) Hanging Tree, Farmington, NM, etc. They even close Tellico OHV Park back east.

I totally agree with the clean up and service projects for our areas and trails. (We need to be more of an environmentalist then they are.) I believe service projects are one of the best ways to get our message across, but the fact is, most of these projects go un-noticed by our politicians and the public. We organize these events and just go get them done without sending the message out. We still need to be in the lime light sometimes and let everyone in the State know we care.

If you love this sport, any other motorized or even some non-motorized sports in Utah or any other state, you need to get involved no matter what the media portrays us as. Just get involved!!!

^^^Great post.

krany

kranberry

iam gonna agree, getting involved is better than sitting back and watching trails close. trying never hurts anything.
i will be there for this event, i will prob be on the dirt bike,( prob let colt drive the yota) i missed this last year and regret it.

sandahauler

Support Take Back Utah

Very Well Said...Thank You

This is going to be a great Event. See You All There

www.takebackutah.org

Low Range

Off-Road Parts
We will be there, this is a very important event! Please bring as many people as you can, and show your support!!

Feel free to come say Hi while your at it! :)

ret32

on KSL.com this afternoon

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=16852152&s_cid=rss-960

SALT LAKE CITY — This year's rally promoting multi-use of Utah's public lands is changing parade routes — this time from the Utah State Fairpark to the Capitol — but the theme is the same: Take Back Utah.

Born out of grassroots resistance to the federal government's control of public land in Utah, Take Back Utah has staged annual rallies and parades featuring a lineup of conservative lawmakers advocating multi-use of government-owned lands....

sandahauler

Support Take Back Utah
I think this is the first time we have received any press "before" the event (without paying for it of course)

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=16852152

Steve Brown did an interview with us for KFAN Radio that was suppose to air tonight but I think it will be Sunday now...but not real sure yet

Also we will be on channel 4 tomorrow morning on the Good Morning Utah show around 6 or 7am. As of now they will be interviewing Mike Swenson and ???

And, not sure if any of you know about the drama with the Governor not showing up this year, well he is now. The "People" have spoken.

www.takebackutah.org

sixstringsteve

I'm a little confused. Is the rally the same thing as the parade? Does the parade start at 9:30 AM? Is the parade over by 10:30, or are the speakers over at 10:30? or does the parade start at 10:30?

Last edited:

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
I'm a little confused. Is the rally the same thing as the parade? Does the parade start at 9:30 AM? Is the parade over by 10:30, or are the speakers over at 10:30? or does the parade start at 10:30?

No. I don't know. Possibly. I doubt it, have you ever heard these people talk? :rofl:

I'm looking forward to this, hope to see lots of peeps there.