Taking it to the man!!!!

U

unltd1

Hey everyone. I thought I'd start a thread that we could all use. I'm super tired of the political crap. This thread is about taking it to the man. I'd like to hear your best ways to save money. Maybe you have a secret that we could all benefit from. I'll be happy to start...

The price of everything has gone up lately, including food. I found a great way to save money at the grocery store EVERY TIME. It's not a trick, and you don't need a coupon. Here's what you do:

Go to Dan's grocery store. Go to the meat case. Not the butcher, the meat case. They have lots of meat that is heavily discounted because the last day to sell is coming up. You can save a TON of money on meat this way, then just stick it in your freezer until you need it. I've gotten pork chops, chicken quarters, and lots of steak SUPER cheap. Example - I got 2 thick-cut pork chops for $2.75, and 4 chicken quarters for $2.50. It's still a couple of days until the "freeze or use by" date, so I just wrapped them in tin foil and freezer bags.

I hope you have a great idea to save money that we can all use. I know Goat's gas finder website is awesome. Let's hear your money-saving tips.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
The 5th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees that “no person … shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself.” Thus, a criminal defendant has the right to refuse to answer questions that could result in a conviction for a crime.

oh, okay.......
http://www.saltlakegasprices.com/

BTW, Gas is $1.99 in Oklahoma

Last edited by a moderator:

00WJ

I went to Wal-Mart with my wife today, we were at the deli and I noticed that they had some trays on top of the freezer cabinet that had turkey samples in there. So I tried one, it was pretty good, so I had another, and another. I about cleaned off the whole sample plate. The turkey was $7.99 a lb. I bet I ate 3/4 lb in samples so (hang on let me do the math) I figure I saved about 6 bucks.

Seriously, my wife is really good at saving money while shopping. She only buys store brands (I like wal marts store brand better then name brand on most products). My Kids are 6 and under so she will shop for clothes for them on KSL classifieds, the kids grow so fast that most of the ones she gets are almost new and she gets them for really cheap.

chicky

Peep!
Rockmonkey wanted me to chime in on this thread. I have been using Grocery Smarts when I do my weekly grocery shopping. I have saved a lot of money. The idea is you buy on sale and use a coupon! You are suppose to have a sunday paper for every member of your family and keep the coupon inserts. You then file the inserts away and when it's time to go shopping you use the Grocery Smarts website and clip coupons at the time you are ready to use them. You buy in bulk and when it's only on sale and always use a coupon. If anyone wants to look at my blog it has my latest shopping trip and the amount I saved and spent! I love it, it's my new hobby...saving money! :D
http://www.kempskrossing.blogspot.com/