Taxes

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Last year they charged me about $300 . I thought that was ridiculous. [emoji15]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Yeah I just called a buddy that used to work for them during tax time. He said to count on up to $300 and that I'm probably smarter than most of the people that work there lol. Looks like I'm doing it myself again.

Federal and state was $26.98 with taxact if you are looking at prices.

I've heard good things about taxact but since I've used H&R's software for years it has all my stuff already filled-in. That's worth it to me to pay ~$20-30 more for.

Coco

I used TaxAct this year, but I have used TurboTax (apparently last year, so I had to enter everything into TA this year, and get my AGI from TurboTax. That delayed my E-File a day) in the past as well. Both work great.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Are you guys all W2 employees?
I am a 1099, plus run an additional business, and have rental properties. I can't imagine the headache of trying to do my taxes on my own.
I pay $225 and have them all done within an hour. A good cpa is worth gold IMO. However, I doubt it's all that important if your taxes are more streamlined.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Are you guys all W2 employees?
I am a 1099, plus run an additional business, and have rental properties. I can't imagine the headache of trying to do my taxes on my own.
I pay $225 and have them all done within an hour. A good cpa is worth gold IMO. However, I doubt it's all that important if your taxes are more streamlined.

You can do 1099's in TurboTax. You can try it out for free if it interests you. You don't have to pay for anything until it's time to file.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Id like to do turbo tax but my computer needs fixed.
One thing is for sure H&R is getting the boot this year.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk