TBI fuel filters

midog

TBI fuel filters

What are you guys using for fuel filters on your TBI fuel injection? Do you run a filter before and after the pump?

I have been stressing to figure out what to use. I am using a Summit inline pump on the exterior of the fuel cell. This is for my portal axled buggy with a Chevy TBI 350.

Any help would be great!

cheepin

What pump did you get?I got one from Summit and it has way too much pressure for TBI.I am switching to a stock GM in tank pump.As far as filters for an inline pump I would run a filter before and after the pump.I installed a clear glass filter before my pump.It is cleanable so I can keep an eye on the gas entering the pump.Then I use a stock GM car filter for TBI after the pump.There are several styles.This one has 5/16 barb fittings.But the trucks use a threaded style.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I use the parts-store filter, and a Bosch pump, stock replacements. No issues.

GM put the filter between the tank and the throttle body...

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Here the one I used between the pump and tbi.
This one I used before the pump just to keep any crap from getting in the pump.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I use the parts-store filter, and a Bosch pump, stock replacements. No issues.

GM put the filter between the tank and the throttle body...

This. I just stole the fuel line assembly from my donor Suburban and am using those all the way back to the YJ tank. I'm using the YJ pump (4.0L---not sure if it's different than the 2.5L, but I doubt it?) with the GM lines, filter, etc. Seems to work pretty well for me. When the parts guys ask for year, make, model it's an '89 Suburban.