TeraFLex LCG

WhiteCat

I'm considering going with the Tera LCG lift on my TJ and wanted to get a few opinions. My other consideration is the Rubicon lift. Has anyone had any experience yet with the LCG lift? THanks for the input.

As far as I've seen the kit's functioned very well, they're still trying to get the joints right, they tried sealed heims that didn't work very well, they're trying Johny's that they're having better luck with, they also use vulcanized rubber bushings. Also, Tera's still trying to work out the four link mount brackets for the rear axle, they've had a few different styles that have bent.
I think you'd be happy if you went with one but you'd probably be happier if you waited another year for Tera to work out the bugs. Then again, I know you'd be happy with Anarchy making you something too.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
crimsonride said:
Also, Tera's still trying to work out the four link mount brackets for the rear axle, they've had a few different styles that have bent.
I thought the LCG was a three link?

WhiteCat

RockMonkey said:
I thought the LCG was a three link?

I'm not sure what qualifies as a true 4 link suspension....but as far as what Tera is saying they claim it to be a 4 link front and rear suspension.

A quote from Teraflex's website about the LCG......"The upper arms are replaced by a four-link front and rear,eliminating both the front and rear track bars."

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Anybody got a pic of the kit? Isn't the LCG what was on the Jeep that was in the showroom for the last 6 months? The same rig may still be in there, I don't know, haven't been to Mepco in quite a while.

WhiteCat said:
I'm not sure what qualifies as a true 4 link suspension....but as far as what Tera is saying they claim it to be a 4 link front and rear suspension.

A quote from Teraflex's website about the LCG......"The upper arms are replaced by a four-link front and rear,eliminating both the front and rear track bars."

A three link would be where the two upper arms connect to a single joing like a heim or johny. A four link is where there's two upper links that are independent, they can be trianglulated to look like a three link but they don't opperate together. LCG is that latter.
Mepco always has two jeeps with the kit, Ranch's purple TJ, and turbo, the yellow one. They both have the LCG.

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
Tera has been revising the LCG for over a year now, so it is kind of hard to say what the kit is going to be like. The original Tera LCG had a front 4-link and a rear 3-link. After several revisions it now comes with front and rear 4-links, and this is how it should be in the 'production' models.

ShortShaft said:
Tera has been revising the LCG for over a year now, so it is kind of hard to say what the kit is going to be like. The original Tera LCG had a front 4-link and a rear 3-link. After several revisions it now comes with front and rear 4-links, and this is how it should be in the 'production' models.

Since when did you hang out with the likes of us "internet folk"?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
ShortShaft said:
Ahh, that clears it up. Cool, I never liked the 3 link they had before.

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
crimsonride said:
Since when did you hang out with the likes of us "internet folk"?

I'm on here every once in a while, but usually too busy to post anything- You know over worked, under paid...

I actually had something somewhat productive to post on this topic so I threw it in.

1SKINDOG

"Rockie TJ"
Well for those of you that are asking about the LCG, I have it and have had it for over a year now. My Jeep was the third Jeep to have the suspension installed. I have taken it back to Tera to have them fix minor problems. I will be the first one to say that in this case Tera has taken VERY good care of me and I would like to say that Rand has been awsome. I REALLY like the kit. It drives good, wheels awsome and flexes increadible. They have made some changes from my kit to the actuall production kit. My lower rear arms mount outside the frame on a bracket that replaces the body mount. From what I understand the reason they changed this was because customers did not like the idea of cutting off the body mount. I think, big deal the one that they replace it with is stronger anyway. I would recommend the LCG kit to anyone that is looking for a good kit. If you want a bolt on kit, pass on this one...... Below is a link to a few pictures I have of my Jeep. If you have questions let me know....

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kshel30/album