Teraflex Plus trail run, 4/18 4/19, Delta!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The next Teraflex Plus trail run is coming up quick, April 18-19th in Delta. Planned trails are Chainsaw and Cat Canyon. This is going to be an overnight trip for most people, heading down Friday afternoon to camp, then running both trails on Saturday.

More info here.

Meat_

Banned
The video he posted is lower Chainsaw not Cat Canyon

Edit: Ok I see now that he talks about both trails....

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Tempting... I think I have something that I am "supposed to do" but Cat Canyon is a blast and I haven't done Chainsaw...

You don't mind being pulled behind a dodge do you?

Not at all. I'm not even very F*rd loyal. :D My trailer is done, though. I just need to get down to Salina to pick it up. :D I can haul two now as well.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I may be there. Need to see how this Cherokee really works. Think I can do at least part of it with 33's and only a front locker ?

I'd say so. Here's a quote from Dennis Wood, who'll likely be our trail leader this weekend:

Wood said:
After talking to Mr Delta, the Man himself, Mr Craig Stump, we decided it would be best to meet in Delta at the Fair Grounds. He said we could stay overnight at the fair grounds. Last year we lost a few would be wheeler dudes to the desert. It's a big desert and finding each other was a problem. (At no time was anyone lost or disoriented.The extended travel option was enjoyed by those without maps). So we'll leave Teraflex Plus at 3:00 pm. Anyone that wants to meet up with us can do the convoy thing, or just meet us in Delta, at the fair grounds,whenever. The fair grounds are the site of the up coming Rock Crawl being put on by Craig Stump and friends May 31. There are fun obstacles to play on there so we shouldn't be bored.
We plan on leaving the Fair Grounds at 9:00 Sat morning to make our way out to the trail head about 65 miles west of town. There two sections of the trail. The first will be no problem for anyone. The Upper section is kinda mean so walking or driving will be an option depending on.... The rig, sheet metal, lockers, brains, tire size, anatomy size, and of course peer group pressure. This will be a fun one, what can I say ,I'm excited. Wood out.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I would stay away from Cat Canyon, but what Carl said for Chainsaw.

Based on what Wood said (65 miles West of Delta) I think Cat Canyon is the first trail on the itinerary, and Chainsaw if time allows after. I haven't done Cat in a few years, but back in the day I did it with one locker with few problems. I'd definitely recommend rocker protection though, at minimum. :D

Meat_

Banned
....I'd definitely recommend rocker protection though, at minimum. :D

That's the ticket right there, he has none ;) It is not a one locker trail now either, at least it wasn't last fall. We hit the trail with a real pretty (locked front and rear on IIRC 35's) Discovery, it ended up spending that night and the next several nights on the trail before they could get back out there with a welder to reinstall the rear axle..... and it is far from pretty now.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That's the ticket right there, he has none ;) It is not a one locker trail now either, at least it wasn't last fall. We hit the trail with a real pretty (locked front and rear on IIRC 35's) Discovery, it ended up spending that night and the next several nights on the trail before they could get back out there with a welder to reinstall the rear axle..... and it is far from pretty now.

Stop, you're getting me all excited! :cool: