textured paint?

rifle6

I have a probably dumb question.
as my xj gets ready for paint i was planing to do the bottom half in rock chip guard,
it will be flat tan with flat black wheels,bumpers,grill,bumpers, rack, ext.
(think military humvee desert color)

dumb question time, what would it look like if the whole thing was rhino lined or buffaliner then painted?

has anyone had any of this stuff put on a truckbed? what do you think it would cost?

Chevycrew

Paint wont stick to the rhino, or whatever you use.

Best bet is to have them spray it the color you want, it should only cost 1000-1500 to spray a whole rig.

1993yj

It also becomes very hard to keep anything that has been Rhino lined clean. I know someone who did their entire scrambler in a red rhino lining. It was kind of cool, but if you banged against it while working on it or pushing, it would take skin off, and to get dirt out of the crevices, you pretty much had to pressure wash it every time. Different and durable yes, would I do it? No.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
It also becomes very hard to keep anything that has been Rhino lined clean. I know someone who did their entire scrambler in a red rhino lining. It was kind of cool, but if you banged against it while working on it or pushing, it would take skin off, and to get dirt out of the crevices, you pretty much had to pressure wash it every time. Different and durable yes, would I do it? No.

I agree, I knew a guy who did his CJ and he had a hell of a time keeping it clean. But if you are not to worried about having a way spot free rig go for it.

LEBOWSKI

The hard top of my commando is rhino lined and as mentioned before it's hard to keep it clean. This was done by the PO, I wouldn't have done it because it also makes it heavier.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
as i understand it, the newer generations of Rhino Line are smoother, without the chunks of rubber as would be found in the cheaper applications such as Herculiner and equivelants... I suggest going to a Rhino Liner dealer to see samples, and get info from the horses mouth.

1993yj

I don't know if Line-X does the same stuff (color, complete vehicle applications), but I am much more impressed with their product than any other. If shopping around, I would check them out too.

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!
A friend of mine did his CJ and it made the motor run a little hot. The liner wouldn't let heat escape due to the thickness of the Liner. He ended cutting vents in the hood to solve the problem.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Check this out, my old Toyota painted with Zolatone-

Before-
attachment.php

After-
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the thread from after I painted it.-
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=809

I liked the paint, if you read that thread you'll see that the Toyota was my 2nd vehicle painted with Zolatone. I didn't apply a clear coat/sealer to my first Jeep that I painted because I wanted a dull look. That was a problem down the road, the paint started flaking off when washing and there was some rust creeping thru. If you use Zolatone, seal it. I really liked the color that I sprayed my Toyota with, the color was called Desert Camo Tan.

rifle6

thanks to all for the input,
alot of things i never considered. cost,weight, cleaning, looks.

i am not going to be rhino lining the whole thing now, just rock chip guard the rockers and flares.

i'm also looking at that paint greg used,

thanks again

jardine

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

heres my car i did it is textured. used some of the textured duplicolor in spray can followed by like 15 cans of flat army green. turned out pretty good and looks really mean.