Northern Utah Thanksgiving day snakes run?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Is sidewinder really harder than constrictor? Its been awhile since I've been on either.

Coco

Im just getting excited to get out on the trail and try out this monster I have been raising for over a year :D

icecreamgetter

I was referred here from another site. My wife and I picked up a 78 CJ5 this summer for our family. We would love to join the run on Friday if it's open invite.

I have ridden dirt bikes and 4wheelers all over 5 Mile; but, I have no idea what any trails are called and couldn't name any that I have ridden. Are there easy to follow directions anywhere on how to get to the Rattlesnake trailhead? I have seen conflicting directions including backwards start and finish locations online.

Thanks for any info.

93TJ

I was referred here from another site. My wife and I picked up a 78 CJ5 this summer for our family. We would love to join the run on Friday if it's open invite.

This is definitely "open invite," we hope to see you there. And welcome to the forum. If you're coming from the north its best to go through Tooele. (IMO) and if that's the case I'd be more than happy to meet up with you somewhere along the way, if you're coming through Lehi, then lots of people meet at the chevron on the corner of redwood rd. I'm certain you could find someone to meet you there.

mombobuggy

Is sidewinder really harder than constrictor? Its been awhile since I've been on either.
Yes the back door to Sidewinder makes Constrictor look like a Driveway by comparison. However the access from part way up Rattlesnake is easy it takes you to the stair steps and other challenges like the impossible climb. No lack of challenge whatsoever. They are optional and can be bypassed unlike the hard stuff on Back door.

amp713

I have ridden dirt bikes and 4wheelers all over 5 Mile; but, I have no idea what any trails are called and couldn't name any that I have ridden. Are there easy to follow directions anywhere on how to get to the Rattlesnake trailhead? I have seen conflicting directions including backwards start and finish locations online.

Thanks for any info.

Glad to see you made it to the post! Good luck if you go!

icecreamgetter

93TJ - I'll be coming from Sandy which means down Redwood Rd. I may be joined by someone who has done the trail before. If so, I'll see you all at the trailhead. If they can't make it ...I may ask to meet someone at the Chevron.

amp713 - Thanks for directing me here.

crawler dude12

I'd love to get out again friday. I doubt my 4runner could do anything more than rattlesnake, but i'm willing to try!

Icecreamgetter - if things don't work out I can meet you at the chevron.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I talked the wife into bringing out the Wiferunner, so we're in for Friday. We'll probably drive Snakes and part of Constrictor (she won't want any part of Radiator Rapids), then we'll peel off to explore in the Sheeprocks if anyone wants to join us.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
We would love to join the run on Friday if it's open invite.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you along on this run.

Are there easy to follow directions anywhere on how to get to the Rattlesnake trailhead?

To get to the Snakes trailhead (for future reference):

Take Lehi Main street (highway 73) and head west. Pass through Cedar Fort and Fairfield; continue west. You'll pass the gravel parking lot for Five Mile Pass, then the road will curve to the right--now you'll be heading northwest. Exactly 1.1 miles after this curve, you'll see another (smaller) dirt parking lot on the right side of the road with a wood sign board. This is your turnoff. Here is what it will look like, compliments of Google Maps street view:

turnoff.jpg

lots of people meet at the chevron on the corner of redwood rd. I'm certain you could find someone to meet you there.

I live less than 5 minutes from that Chevron, and I'll have to drive right past it. If nothing else, I can certainly meet you there at 9:20am. Look for this:

towjob03.jpg

I talked the wife into bringing out the Wiferunner, so we're in for Friday.

Awesome. Just don't turn turtle! ;)

Coco

I am getting excited! I got a couple more things I would like to do (dont need to, but would like too) before Friday, but either way i'll be there!

amp713

Man thats gonna be a big turn out..... Really wish it wasnt SUCH a drive to get there........

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I'm in for Friday morning. I'll see you guys at the trailhead lot. Smartass, You still have my center cap from last run?? If so, bring it please... :)