That's it, I'm selling my house and buying one of these...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
hmmm, and I've had my heart set on an expedition trailer for my xj. No you ruined that idea hahahaa

Are you expeditioning now and need more room? Building/owning the trailer surely isn't going to get you out in the wild more in fact I'd argue less if you don't head out now. More so I'd argue that a trailer is more of a burden on a true 'expedition' rather than any sort of advantage. I'm a big fan of off-road trailers under the right scenario... trying to create a need for one is not one of those scenarios imo. Same for big rig tourers, owning one simply won't make you use one ;)

Back on the subject of giant vehicles, I had the opportunity to tour Global Expedition Vehicles facility in Missouri this last week. The owner was gracious enough to let us tour his production facility, a few of the vehicles under construction as well as some completely models. Very neat and obviously a major asset to the international travel styles of some... I'd like to think I'll be doing a lap in one some day :D

Few of the pics I snapped:

20131212_160255 (Small).jpg

20131212_162429 (Small).jpg
The owners personal GXV on a Unimog U500 chassis, very slick.

20131212_163835 (Small).jpg
BAE SD Brazos 6x6 waiting for a body

20131212_164535 (Small).jpg
BAE SD Brazos 4x4 built for customer

More on their site here: http://globalxvehicles.com/

Last edited: