The Bountiful "B" and Farmington Canyon

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
A few members from the Utah chapter of the Toyota Territory Off-Roader's Association met at The B to run Ward Canyon road. The road was so damn easy without snow that we found ourselves driving up to the radar site on the top of the next mountain or two over, just to kill some more daylight. This was mainly a "see the fall colors" and "get out of the house" run.

The scenery and colors were beautiful! Actually puts fall in Alaska to shame, color wise that is!

Here's the gallery on the UT TTORA site. Enjoy!

http://www.ut-ttora.com/gallery/The_B_10-15-05

Wow.

http://www.ut-ttora.com/gallery/The_B_10-15-05/Image00007?full=1

http://www.ut-ttora.com/gallery/The_B_10-15-05/Image00017?full=1

Last edited:

buck55

How is the B

Hey i was wondering how is the B as far as difficulty, and when is it too late to wheel up there? Last one, where is the trail head?
thanks

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
buck55 said:
Hey i was wondering how is the B as far as difficulty, and when is it too late to wheel up there? Last one, where is the trail head?
thanks

One of the Tacomas was bone stock and had no problems. The only real testing obstacles are on the Old Ward Canyon Road/trail and that's some decent size boulders which you can drive around if you feel the need. There are also some narrow trails to watch out on, but overall, it's very easy.

To get to the trailhead, take 500 W in Bountiful and head for the hills. Follow it through the neighborhoods and you'll come to a four-way stop on a hill, take a left. You should then be in an upscale neighborhood. Keep to the right (opposite of the main road rules) through the area and you should find yourself eventually ending up on a dirt road leading to a dirt lot. That's where it starts. Someone else will probably have better directions.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Hey thomas, you feel like going back up there not this weekend, but next?

I'm itching to do somthing light on the 4 link....

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Klif01 said:
Hey thomas, you feel like going back up there not this weekend, but next?

I'm itching to do somthing light on the 4 link....

I dunno. Might be going to Little Sahara or Sand Mountain for Friday evening and staying till Saturday. If I don't go I'd be up for heading to the B again. Need to ditch my canopy, though :-\

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I don't know about the staying overnight thing, I have plans for friday night already, but if I get my runner registered by then I might be up for it.

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Klif01 said:
I don't know about the staying overnight thing, I have plans for friday night already, but if I get my runner registered by then I might be up for it.

It's a helluva drive for just a day trip. I've done it twice and it sucks; almost three hours of driving one way if I remember correctly. I'd like to have my front locker in, but I haven't gotten it from Aussie yet :mad: