The Car conundrum, what to buy.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I need the hive mind of old men that is RME.

I bought a '22 Tacoma early this year and have just been totally underwhelmed by the thing. I have complained enough that my wife has decided to adopt the poor little taco. That leaves me in a pickle. "Her" car is a '22 Forester and while I like the car and am physically attracted to women, I feel like the wrong gender of person attracted to women to drive a Subaru wagon. So I'm on the hunt for a car/truck/vehicle as my daily to replace the Subaru.

We currently have the LJ which is awesome but not much of a daily and my F350 that is getting a little long in the tooth and my lovely wife will have her pile of Toyota failure.

My daily needs to haul MTB's and me. I am looking at a couple scenarios.

1) Buy a fast/fun car, Mustang, Camaro, 370Z, WRX something fun. I've always had utility vehicle and always wanted a fast car. I have 3 other cars that are 4wd so snow is not really a concern. I have some jean shorts and am not opposed to embracing my middle aged crisis.

B) Sell the F350 and buy a newish F150 to serve as daily and towing duty. I'm not sure about this as my CCLB is pretty nice when I need it for hauling but the creature comforts of a new F150 far outweigh the 2006 Super duty ride and noise. My only apprehension is that I have been driving small trucks/SUV's for a long time and don't know how much I'll like driving a full size pickup all the time.

iii) Keep the Subi, slap on a rainbow/coexist sticker and hide among the weirdo's while getting 28mpg in comfort. It's a great car, just makes me feel like I should sit down to pee if I have to call it MY car.

What would you all do? Are they any cars that you guys are oogling that would be a good DD? Nothing really gets me excited looking at what is listed.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Option 4- You have 2 street legal motorcycles. Ride those to work every day possible. Use the Taco when needed. Use the Lesbaru when needed.

You are forgetting the good that each of those vehicles does for your family camping and Mels lesbo camping.

Be happy with what you got.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I just ended up with an Option 1 car myself. :) 1999 Corvette checked off a lot of "fun" criteria boxes for me, at a lower price than many other fun cars.

Edit: Hauling bikes on it might not work very well. :rofl:

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Option 4- You have 2 street legal motorcycles. Ride those to work every day possible. Use the Taco when needed. Use the Lesbaru when needed.

You are forgetting the good that each of those vehicles does for your family camping and Mels lesbo camping.

This is so unamerican. How dare you Brian.

I say buy a challenger.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks

l'll probably do this because I'm a poor, cheap bastard but a guy can dream can't he?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I have a jeep, a tundra, an fj cruiser, and my wife’s expedition. And I end up driving my 97 Land Cruiser with 213k miles every day. It’s the slowest, least powerful, and least fuel friendly of any of my fleet, but it’s a nostalgia rig that makes me smile, so to me it’s worth owning.

The minute I stopped trying to justify this or that with vehicles, and just got the ones that made me happy was when car life got good. Poor, but good.

I say get a fun zippy car. You have a truck for truck things, a Jeep for Jeep things, and now you’ll have a car for actual driving. You will always be sad in the forester.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Foresters are awesome, practical cars. But if you can't live with how other people perceive you when you drive it, get a WRX. They are awesome practical cars driven by vaping douches rather than transgender lesbians. So I guess decide which group you'd rather be confused with.
Or buy a Buick Regal TourX and embrace your old man, but slightly quirky side.

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Got a co-worked that bought a crosstrek wilderness, I can't get over all the gold accents, not sure what Subaru is thinking there. It rides nice, he said it has almost as much ground clearance as a Tacoma :D google says Taco at 9.5" and Crosstrek at 9.3.