The Chute on Flat Iron Mesa

xtremexj

Just wondering how many of you have attempted the ledges at the top of The Chute on Flat Iron Mesa? We were told by the guys at the Moab 4x4 Outpost that it is generally a buggy only line. Anyone done it? I took the XJ up it so I was thinking I'm either really lucky or they were talking about a different obstacle.:-\

Attachments

• fimledges1.jpg
    fimledges1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 51
  • fimledges2.jpg
    fimledges2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 53
  • fimledges3.jpg
    fimledges3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 58

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
My boss and I did it last year in a brand new RZR-4. He wanted my fat ass in with him to keep the front end down. We pulled up on the steepest section, stopped and tried to rock it over backwards. We decided we were stable enough, so he gave her hell and we popped right out the top. :cool:

My brother had been telling us about this obstacle all day, that he had never seen anyone do it in a UTV. We went up it so fast that he missed it because he was tailgunning our group.

xtremexj

Well, I guess I'll just chock it up to some gnarly fun and nothing special then.:) I was all excited when they said that it was a buggy line. Maybe I should get this thread deleted if a RZR-4 went up unassisted.:rofl: