"The Dark Knight"

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Saw it last night at 12 for my birthday! It was awesome!
Definitely worth seeing, two face was pretty real looking,
it was pretty dark though, had a good message

the downside.... it was 2:30 hours so I'm running on like 3:30 hours of sleep right now...

skunkskeeter

I just got home from seeing THE DARK KNIGHT!!! It is one bada$$ flick. For anyone that knows me at all knows that I am Batman's biggest fan! I have to say that they out did themselves. Awesome CG, great acting and all around perfect! The pencil trick is definetly the best!

Meagan Gyllenhaal was a good replacement for Katie Holmes, but you just can't replace someone who did so good. Also, Heath Ledger is (well, was) the bomb! Despite his horrific stint in Brokeback Mountain, Heath did an astounding job! He should still be alive to be honored for such an awesome portrayal of the Joker.

It was a little dark, but I think that was a main point behind the movie (The DARK Knight...) However, if you think about it, there was no dirty language, no nudity, not much blood and no demeaning of women. That makes it a good movie right there.

I also watched the Psyche behind Batman on the History Channel. Very thought provoking! We all have a little bit of Batman and Joker in us.

Well, I am off to see The Dark Knight again. I am excited. I would really like to see The Dark Knight in an IMAX theater!! :D

Caleb

Also, Heath Ledger is (well, was) the bomb! Despite his horrific stint in Brokeback Mountain, Heath did an astounding job! He should still be alive to be honored for such an awesome portrayal of the Joker.
I think Heath did a great job but not as good as every one makes him out to be. I do not think it is award winning material like a lot of people are saying.

It was a little dark, but I think that was a main point behind the movie (The DARK Knight...
I think you missed a HUGE part of the story if you think the "Dark" knight refers to it being a dark movie. For being as big of a batman fan as you claim to be you don't know too much about the history of Batman. Batman has always been a dark character. I've picked up that much and I'm far from a Batman (or any kind of comic) fan.

However, if you think about it, there was no dirty language, no nudity, not much blood and no demeaning of women. That makes it a good movie right there.

Agreed, despite the dark overtone of the movie, it was very well played.

I think this movie was excellent. I didn't think they could top Batman Begins but they far out did it. Great acting by all the characters, great story, and some great twists that catch even the best off guard. It leaves it open to sequels but it doesn't leave anything unanswered really so if there are no sequels you aren't left wondering.

Paul R

I saw it and really liked it!
I am not a huge Batman or any comic book freak but I liked the story and I thought it was a great movie...

I loved the Magic trick with the pencil! :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Meagan Gyllenhaal was a good replacement for Katie Holmes,

I highly disagree... This was the only thing that bothered me. I was hung up on it durning the entire movie... I felt like she was a different character from the very beginning...

I also think that Heath was great, but not excellent. I've heard people saying that it was such a dark role, that it messed him up and led to his death... I say BS.. I don't feel it was that dark..

Awesome movie otherwise... I'll see it a few times then buy it i'm sure

Paul R

I highly disagree... This was the only thing that bothered me. I was hung up on it durning the entire movie... I felt like she was a different character from the very beginning...

I agree that was the one major fault I had with the movie I couldn't get over it either. It really bugs me when a sequel doesn't have the same people in it, it throws it all off. It was still a great movie but I was really annoyed and I thought she was terrible for the role.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I agree that was the one major fault I had with the movie I couldn't get over it either. It really bugs me when a sequel doesn't have the same people in it, it throws it all off. It was still a great movie but I was really annoyed and I thought she was terrible for the role.

Glad you agree... I felt like she'd never even seen Batman Begins..

Maggie "dogface" Glynnhall is not Katie Holmes..and not "beautful" either!!

:rofl:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Behind the times, but we went and seen this last night. I wasn't impressed with the choices of movies when we got there and decided on this one. I'm not a big Batman fan and have really only though the other Batman's were 'adequate'.

I must say, I was impressed. Movie was awesome - good graphics, good acting, etc. By far the best Batman I've seen...

And yes, the magic pencil trick was awesome! I liked how he made it dissapear...