The downfall of the written word?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Is the internet the ultimate downfall of the written word? It seems like people's posts are becoming increasingly unreadable. Is that just because it's the internet, or are people becoming increasingly illiterate? I'm not just talking about the use of slang, I'm talking entire sentences and paragraphs that make absolutely no sense. Where do these people come from? Oh, and if you're offended by this, it's not you I'm talking about. :ugh: Discuss. Or don't, whatever.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Is it the grammar that bugs you or is it the statements people make?

EXAMPLE:

My samurai's ram air camaro with solid axle unibody with wagon wheels crawling over curbs in wet dry snow.

I gave myself a headache writing that. ;)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I know personally, I just get lazy sometimes and stop capitalizing and fixing mis-typed woreds. like coudl instead of could. I do crap like that alot. ;)

I don't know what the explanation is, but there are a lot of people that have the writing skills of a third grader. If you don't have to read or write often, I would guess that over the course of a decade or two your writing skills would deteriorate to the level of other less evolved primates. I think we have some of that here ;)

Cody

James K

NO, I'm always like this
ok, let me ask this.................isn't a BB a extension of a face to face conversation???? do you(no one impaticular) speak with proper language and pause when starting a new thought or does it just flow????

I personally veiw this BB as if I was talking to someone face to face. why should I change the way I speak just because it is in written form??????

and as far as the word alot or a lot, how many words in the english language are spelled with a space in them? it just makes no sense. when you say alot/a lot do you pause as you say it to indidcate that there is a space in the word?????

all things to think about :D :rofl: