The first UROC, were you there???

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Clutch
I remember afterwords. being able to climb the rock at the beginning of obstacle 6 (I think) and Vonski couldn't! :D
And I wouldn't even try...:D

Nixter

on the road again...
How many of you have the 'orginal' green UROC shirt?? I remember Wayne and I getting ours, and then they ran out right after. I even remember Craig saying, " I never thought I would sell the ones I brought. "

We came in 11th that event. And that was skipping an entire obstalce with a broken axle. The only thing I really remember is that no matter how hard you train to be a spotter, the actually event will still kick your a**.

Oh, and spotter surfing was way kewl.
See my photo <--------

:D

Caleb

Originally posted by Nixter
How many of you have the 'orginal' green UROC shirt?? I remember Wayne and I getting ours, and then they ran out right after. I even remember Craig saying, " I never thought I would sell the ones I brought. "

We came in 11th that event. And that was skipping an entire obstalce with a broken axle. The only thing I really remember is that no matter how hard you train to be a spotter, the actually event will still kick your a**.

Oh, and spotter surfing was way kewl.
See my photo <--------

:D

yeah, the orignial shirts say "Utah" instead of "United"...they'll be a collectors item:D

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Here's the pic that Carl's wife took that made the second UROC Tshirt. I think it still says Utah Rockcrawling and Off Road Challenge, but I'll have to go home and look. :)

Last edited:

Bart

I only made to the Vernal event that first year, but finished 4th there and 5th for series. Times have changed. This is the first year I've made it to all the UROC events, but I'm missing RCAA next week due to BBS (broken buggy syndrome). First year I've missed and RCAA/ARCA event since the first season in 2000 when I missed Farmington.
Bart

Nixter

on the road again...
Originally posted by Vonski
Here's the pic that Carl's wife took that made the second UROC Tshirt. I think it still says Utah Rockcrawling and Off Road Challenge, but I'll have to go home and look. :)

Ya, I have the same photo. We were standing right next to each other. That's the obstacle we had to say no to, due to axle problems. Man have times changed. That's probably one of the last photos' of I-lean before the face lift. :D

grinch

inner city redneck
Wow look at how far the game has come sence then.... Dean Bullok with 109 points and 9th place??????
Like that will ever happen again.......
And i belive itleast the first 3 T shirts said Utah and not United... I never got the first one and lost the third but i think i still have the second one kicking around somwhere...
What amases me is how long i spectated this sport for before i got involved..... Watching is cool but being involved is abut a hundred times funner and will give ya way more greay hairs no matter what you do i.e. spot, drive, judge,crowd controll, stay up 3 days in a row helping get the rig ready when your only an alt. spotter....... Oh what fun

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
I should have signed "Media Todd" on that last post,which is what is on my first Utah Rock Crawling and Off Road Challenge shirt. Now they say Marshal. I think I have every shirt since I was at every event.

Todd

Ryan

Chris and I both competed at the first event(seperately), and I don't think we've missed an event since. Chris broke right off the bat, and I think I made it to every starting gate, but had tranny problems. I ran 35" Boggers, LOL. Those were the days...