The Global Warming College Tour w/Sheryl Crow!

STPPINZ

I was sent this move about global warming the other day -

[YOUTUBE]XttV2C6B8pU[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU

Its kind of long but it is great firepower for those Pasty Face Peace Creeps.

It explaines the true cause of global warming. It will suprise everyone - Unless you think that the SUN causes global warming...Kind of funny.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Good, maybe more people will listen and actually try to understand the science behind it instead of sticking their heads in the dirt and crying "False! It's a hoax!" Maybe you should consider that they might be joining the fight on Global Warming because they believe in it, not just for money.

Some of you people are pretty backwards in your science.:rolleyes:

StrobeNGH

no user title
Good, maybe more people will listen and actually try to understand the science behind it instead of sticking their heads in the dirt and crying "False! It's a hoax!" Maybe you should consider that they might be joining the fight on Global Warming because they believe in it, not just for money.

are you serious?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Right, I'm to believe that the folks over at stopglobalwarming.com know what the hell they are talking about. Its the same spin that they've been giving out for years. Not taking into account any of the new research that has come out like how the sun is giving off more heat, or how the imminent pole shift is having an effect the oceans and the ice caps. No, no, its MANS fault! Evil man and the .0004% of the total Co2 in the atmosphere that he creates. Which happens to NOT be the greenhouse gas that we should be worried about. No, that would be water vapor. Thats right, water vapor not Co2.
BS man. Its just like the WAGs, spin fear to make money. Don't change your tune, don't compromise, just keep on fear mongering! Thats what pays the SUWA brass its 100k+ a year salaries! Same deal with these Global Warming alarmists, it makes them money, so why change? Hell, they altered the title to Global Climate Change so that they could rake in the dough even if they end up being wrong on the climate getting warmer. As long as it's changing, their right and their hearing those cash registers go 'cha-ching'! :rolleyes:
I'm not calling it a hoax, the climate is changing. But wait! ITS ALWAYS BEEN CHANGING! Why do you think the port of Alexandria is under water? Why do you think that when the sands of the Sahara cover one village up we find one that has just been uncovered after a thousand years? Why do you think that when the ice melts in Greenland we find Viking ruins? And if you read ancient Viking texts you hear about the exodus from Greenland because it was getting to cold.
The sheer amount of information that we don't know about this planet would fill every library and every hard drive in the world ten times over. To say that we understand something like the climate so completely that we can predict its patterns is pure ignorance, plain and simple.
So no Brett, I'm not backwards in my science, I'm simply saying that the science isn't there yet.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Right, I'm to believe that the folks over at stopglobalwarming.com know what the hell they are talking about. Its the same spin that they've been giving out for years. Not taking into account any of the new research that has come out like how the sun is giving off more heat, or how the imminent pole shift is having an effect the oceans and the ice caps. No, no, its MANS fault! Evil man and the .0004% of the total Co2 in the atmosphere that he creates. Which happens to NOT be the greenhouse gas that we should be worried about. No, that would be water vapor. Thats right, water vapor not Co2.
BS man. Its just like the WAGs, spin fear to make money. Don't change your tune, don't compromise, just keep on fear mongering! Thats what pays the SUWA brass its 100k+ a year salaries! Same deal with these Global Warming alarmists, it makes them money, so why change? Hell, they altered the title to Global Climate Change so that they could rake in the dough even if they end up being wrong on the climate getting warmer. As long as it's changing, their right and their hearing those cash registers go 'cha-ching'! :rolleyes:
I'm not calling it a hoax, the climate is changing. But wait! ITS ALWAYS BEEN CHANGING! Why do you think the port of Alexandria is under water? Why do you think that when the sands of the Sahara cover one village up we find one that has just been uncovered after a thousand years? Why do you think that when the ice melts in Greenland we find Viking ruins? And if you read ancient Viking texts you hear about the exodus from Greenland because it was getting to cold.
The sheer amount of information that we don't know about this planet would fill every library and every hard drive in the world ten times over. To say that we understand something like the climate so completely that we can predict its patterns is pure ignorance, plain and simple.
So no Brett, I'm not backwards in my science, I'm simply saying that the science isn't there yet.

Wow, did I push a button on you or something?? :ugh:

Answer these two simple questions. Do you or do you not think that man kind has any effect on the climate of this planet. Also, since the Industrial Age, has our kind had more of an effect than the previous thousand years?

Seth

These go to 11
The earth is flat.
And the sun revolves around us.
And best of all we have control of our planet's weather.

We can't even predict the weather correctly for more then 5 days. People like to think they have some kind of control over there future. The sun could have a hiccup tomorrow and we would all be dead.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The earth is flat.
And the sun revolves around us.
And best of all we have control of our planet's weather.

We can't even predict the weather correctly for more then 5 days. People like to think they have some kind of control over there future. The sun could have a hiccup tomorrow and we would all be dead.

Predict weather for 5 days...they can't predict it right for 1 day:D

StrobeNGH

no user title
I really do respect your views, and think that we (mankind) should not wantonly spew crap into the atmosphere, or rivers, or oceans, or anywhere else . . . but I think it is naive to believe that man has the understanding and knowledge to accurately predict what the weather patterns will do over the next 100 years.
We can't predict the weather accurately over the next 5 days, how are we supposed to believe that these predictions over the next several hundred years are accurate?
Did we have a horrendous hurricane season last year? Were we supposed to? Was it not the same experts who are "accurately" predicting a global rise in temperature of several degrees over the next century who said that we would experience the "worst hurricane season on record" last year?

Environmentalism has been hijacked, and is now run by people with "impure" motives.
Look at Kyoto. It is NOTHING but an agreement which would punish the rich and reward the poor. It is about as close to a communist manifesto as one can get.

John Muir would cry if he saw what has happened to the movement he started.
The original intention of environmentalism has been to educate, and lead BY EXAMPLE. Environmentalism was previously a means to HELP people, NOT CONTROL THEM.

Despite what Algore and his little minions want us to believe, there IS NOT, and NEVER HAS BEEN a consensus among scientists that man is making a significant, meaningful contribution to global warming.
The only "consensus" is that the earth experiences climate change all the time, and that our planet has been warming since the 15th century, when we experienced our last ice age. Along with this, there is a consensus that the ocean levels have been constantly rising since the 15th century.
There is also a consensus that we have not been keeping records long enough to know if what is happening is ordinary, or not.

So, my problem with the current global warming crowd is that many of them are hypocrites, and they are laboring towards an uncertain result (which may or may not even be a problem).
There are MUCH more pressing problems in the world that we should be dealing with.
MILLIONS have died in Sudan over the past decade, but the UN can't be bothered to do anything about that . . . but mention global warming and the UN bends over backwards to "do something" about it.

Global warming, to me, stands for everything that is wrong with us today.
It gives people an excuse to be lazy, and pay for their guilty consciences through "carbon credits," while avoiding their immediate and pressing duties to help other people who are in danger NOW!

In a Christmas Carol, Jacob Morley told Scrooge that "mankind is our business, and it is the most important business we can be about."
Do you think that a starving child in India cares whether or not the ocean levels will rise over the next 100 years? Or do you think that child simply wants someone to send him some food?

We are lazy, and do not want to get our hands dirty. We can't be bothered to face the true threats to our society, so we hide our heads in the sand and focus on things like global warming, which are more than likely naturally occurring problems which we can't do anything about. These "long term" problems do not require an emotional investment from us, but allow us to feel like we are doing something.

It's a false religion that pacifies the masses, and gives them an excuse to pat themselves on the back while the real work goes undone. It's a distraction from the true and immediate problems in the world which go unaddressed . . . but we feel okay ignoring the immediate problems because "we're saving the planet!"
Give me a break.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Why does man have to be the only animal on the face of the earth that doesn't affect his enviornment? As a living being you will put out "pollution". I am so sick and tired of all this PC crap. Is the climate changing? Yes. has it been changing since the begining time? Yes. Does mankind have an influence on his surroundings? Yes. So does every other animal and insect on this planet. I'm not going to apologize for living my life.

StrobeNGH

no user title
A true 'Environmentalist' would kill himself to help save the planet.

Or others . . .

"The Pacific Yew can be cut down and processed to produce a potent chemical, taxol, which offers some promise of curing certain forms of lung, breast and ovarian cancer in patients who would otherwise quickly die. It seems an easy choice -- sacrifice the tree for a human life -- until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated, that only specimens more than a hundred years old contain the potent chemical in their bark, and that there are very few of these yews remaining on earth." - Gore, in "Earth in the Balance", p. 119