The Government Hates You and Wants to Stop You From Enjoying Life

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Brominated vegetable oil, or BVO is an ingredient in Mountain Dew. Now I don't often drink soda, but when I do, I'm sure as hell not Doing the Dew! But I know that a lot of you degens out there swing this stuff by the 2-liter so I thought I'd give you all another reason to distrust The Man.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

Brominated vegetable oil, or BVO is an ingredient in Mountain Dew. Now I don't often drink soda, but when I do, I'm sure as hell not Doing the Dew! But I know that a lot of you degens out there swing this stuff by the 2-liter so I thought I'd give you all another reason to distrust The Man.
BVO in the current stuff or not, I would freakin' LOVE to kick my soda habit. But I'm well and thoroughly dependent on caffeine at this point, and never have gotten the taste for coffee, and caffeine pills just don't do it. So Mountain Dew it is.

Diet, in my case, because while I'm pretty sure the artificial sweeteners are doing nothing good for me, I know for a fact that the sugar in the regular stuff does nothing good for me, so...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
BVO in the current stuff or not, I would freakin' LOVE to kick my soda habit. But I'm well and thoroughly dependent on caffeine at this point, and never have gotten the taste for coffee, and caffeine pills just don't do it. So Mountain Dew it is.

Diet, in my case, because while I'm pretty sure the artificial sweeteners are doing nothing good for me, I know for a fact that the sugar in the regular stuff does nothing good for me, so...
If my A1C levels ever get to the point that I need to quit real soda I'll just stick to water- which I already drink over a gallon a day anyways. Diet tastes like doodoo (technical term) and I think you're right, the artificial sweeteners are probably no bueno anyways. I've been pretty happy with my recent cut back from 4-5 cans a day to 2. Some days I don't even drink the second one. Not sure what to tell you on the caffeine substitution though. That's a tough one.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I went a few months last year on DP zero but I'm back to regular. I'm back to a couple or three can equivalents a day. Buying cans or the small bottles help.

I can't handle diet. Its just not good.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Up until almost two years ago I’ve had a heart condition where any little thing could put my heart into arrhythmia. Very uneven rhythm. 180+ beats per minute. Pretty uncomfortable. Ive been off caffeine because of it for the last 20ish years. I had a little heart surgery to correct the issue and Ive now been off meds for two years and feeling great.I’m still too nervous to have any caffeine. Can’t say I miss it. Really dont drink much soda. We don’t buy it as part of our normal grocery shopping.