The Icebox of the Nation

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm working just outside Winter Park, CO in a little town called Fraiser... it's known as the Icebox of the Nation. This morning when I came out of the hotel my windshield had frost on it... :eek: The middle of July and there was frost! Apparently it got down to 28 degrees last night. :eek:

The area is awesome, I'm about 60 minutes west of Denver. Do you remember when that guy built the armored bulldozer & went crazy knocking down the city buildings in Colorado? That was in Granby, which it where I've reported to. I still need to drive around the town & see if there's any signs of the destruction.

Pretty cool... I could live up here. The area is about 8500 ft elevation, pine trees are everywhere and Winter Park has a ski resort. It's pretty touristy, kinda like Park City, but much smaller of course.

Last edited:
I am here in Denver for another week for work/training.
Hitting a Logging/mining road just west on I-70 called Idaho City (i think thats what it's called)

Going up with about 6-7 others in different rigs.

Anybody ever been up there? could an XJ with 4:10's, 30" all terrains and about 3.5" lift be okiedokie?

I'd love to do Black Bear Road but not enough time...