The Indelicates [Music]

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
There are few bands that just wow me. Early Guster, The Sounds and Tally Hall are the short list. About a month ago I discovered another band that I can add to that list: The Indelicates.

Wonderful guitar rock mixed with brilliant lyrics shared between Simon Indelicate (Clayton) and Julia Indelicate (Clark-Lewis). Simon's voice is just angry enough to make you feel like perhaps what he has to say is important even though it's laced with humor and Julia's dreamy voice takes you back to when female vocalists knew how to do something other than just scream.

Their first album American Demo is one of those perfect albums, where every song can be listened to multiple times without finding it boring. Stand out songs are "Julia, We Don't Live in the 60's" and "The Last Signifigant Statement...".

Their second album Songs for Swinging Lovers is good, but not quite as thoroughly perfect. "Sympathy for the Devil", a twangy countryesq number, is the standout on that album.

If you want to take a chance, pick up their albums over at Corporate Records where you can pay what you feel like (awesome), you won't be sorry. Here is a sample of what you can expect:
[YOUTUBE]83iz1p8RE-s[/YOUTUBE]

Original Post

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm googling in hopes that the video posted is an off-moment.

hahah, from some blog review:
The Indelicates favour the entryism of Scritti Politti over the deliberate alienation of, say, The Pop Group, but without losing any of their genuine subversiveness or their neo-situationist critiques of the consumer media in which they operate.

EDIT: ok, after a sampling, I don't mind them. They've got some Warrren Zevonish piano, some 80'sish theme, etc. Not bad, not bad. I think they'll grow on me.

Last edited: