the mayan "food" place

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I use the word food in the loosest term. I ate there for the first time yesterday. It was the worst. The food was terrible. I don't mind paying 50 bucks for a dinner, but I do mind paying 50 bucks to eat poop. I didn't finish my meal didn't take any of it home and was sad I wasted my money. My 4 year old liked the cliff divers. The disneyland portion was pretty cool.

How much do you think those cliff divers make?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
On the plus side you got to enjoy your other hobby. Waching dudes in speedos

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Their food does bring the suck.. We were down that way for a movie not too long ago and grabbed a few meals from the Mayan kiosk inside the theater. Complete crap. WTF? Who puts ground beef in a beef burrito? I was so mad, my wife talked me out of making a scene at the kiosk.. Jacey had the chicken burrito, and it wasn't any better than the nasty ground beef.. Neither of us finished ours, and were very disappointed.

Grim

wow , i think its been like 4 or 5 years since we have been there , and the food was crap back then

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The funny part is, they supposedly replaced the kitchen staff and chef a few years ago and it "improved." :rofl:

I believe it is a totally new owner as of recent, hence why Candace and I gave it a try. I can't say it was absolutely horrible but the atmosphere didn't get too close to making up from the price relative to food. I do dig the idea as a whole, its creative, its unique and it is entertaining... just wish they could step up the food a couple of notches.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
A burrito is not that hard.. How do you F*** it up that bad? It was like eating a sloppy-joe-burrito.. thing..

They really should improve the cuisine.

JoeT

I've been there twice. First time was a freebie, I printed off all the prints for the tables there. Wasn't too impressed then, glad it was free, as I was a few years ago after the "change". I had a better burrito last weekend at WEROCK than anything that was at the Mayan.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The food has always been pretty bad. Our kids really dig the atmosphere. It's really pretty cool inside. I think of it as the nicest Taco Bell in the world. We've been there several times because the kids dig it.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
On the plus side you got to enjoy your other hobby. Waching dudes in speedos

I do love watching dudes in speedos. One day, like you, I will be able to talk them out of those speedos.:eek:

The Mayan does have a pretty cool collection of Coleman and other lanterns. :D

I was noticing all the cool old stuff. Doesn't compare to the show and shine of the relic run.:cool:

I believe it is a totally new owner as of recent, hence why Candace and I gave it a try. I can't say it was absolutely horrible but the atmosphere didn't get too close to making up from the price relative to food. I do dig the idea as a whole, its creative, its unique and it is entertaining... just wish they could step up the food a couple of notches.

There is a really good restaurant in Denver that has cliff divers and all that. The only thing Unique about the Mayan is how bad the food is.

A burrito is not that hard.. How do you F*** it up that bad? It was like eating a sloppy-joe-burrito.. thing..

They really should improve the cuisine.

Exactly!! I mean mexican food isn't hard to make. It is all the same thing meat, beans, rice, all wrapped in some form of tortilla.

The food has always been pretty bad. Our kids really dig the atmosphere. It's really pretty cool inside. I think of it as the nicest Taco Bell in the world. We've been there several times because the kids dig it.

Good way to think of it. :D

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I'm glad the one time we went, that we didn't get the crappy food. We waited an hour to get in, 1/2 hour to have our order taken. But when we hadn't gotten any food in 45 minutes and bugged the staff repeatedly, we got up and walked out. I DID seek out the manager and told him I would never be back, and would tell anyone that asked about the Mayan, never to eat there... That was three years ago. If the place burned down tonight, it wouldn't bother me a wit. As long as it didn't take the movie theaters with it...

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I'm glad the one time we went, that we didn't get the crappy food. We waited an hour to get in, 1/2 hour to have our order taken. But when we hadn't gotten any food in 45 minutes and bugged the staff repeatedly, we got up and walked out. I DID seek out the manager and told him I would never be back, and would tell anyone that asked about the Mayan, never to eat there... That was three years ago. If the place burned down tonight, it wouldn't bother me a wit. As long as it didn't take the movie theaters with it...

You got lucky. We were there 2 hours had poor service and ate expensive dog food.

rollover

I went there when it first opened and it was so bad I swore I'd never go back. Glad to hear I'm still justified.

X2

My Father in Law heard they changed the staff and chef so he took us all out for dinner. He demanded our money back after two bites. Never been back.

M

muddyjeep

Been there once, I wont go go back! Rather eat at Burger king!