The Nasty Half and Chain Reaction a new St. George Trail!

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
More Pics

:)

Attachments

• 100_6815.jpg
    100_6815.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_6816.jpg
    100_6816.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_6833.jpg
    100_6833.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_6834.jpg
    100_6834.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_6814.jpg
    100_6814.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_6848.jpg
    100_6848.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_6853.jpg
    100_6853.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_6849.jpg
    100_6849.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_6837.jpg
    100_6837.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_6824.jpg
    100_6824.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 47

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
More Pics!!

:D

Attachments

• new trails sand hollow 119.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 119.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 46
  • new trails sand hollow 122.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 122.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 48
  • new trails sand hollow 155.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 155.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 60
  • new trails sand hollow 133.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 133.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 49
  • new trails sand hollow 157.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 157.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 42
  • new trails sand hollow 130.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 130.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • new trails sand hollow 160.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 160.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 54
  • new trails sand hollow 135.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 135.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 56
  • new trails sand hollow 161.jpg
    new trails sand hollow 161.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 72

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
This is one of the newer trails that I have been working on for the last few years, This one I think will become everyones favorite trail. It is really long and goes through some amazing sections of slickrock and canyon bottom eventually ending up on the dunes after you shoot a 75 foot long chute that is probably about 55-60 degrees.

I will be posting a video and pictures of all of these new trails soon, I will also include GPS cords for everything we have been doing. It will take a bit but we are working on getting good details on all of these trails.

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
We appreciate all your hard work Tracy and Crew

There are not too many Guys that would look at this trail and even think it was a doable trail.I cant wait to get more pics of the other trails that Tracy is adding to the Southwest Crawlfest and for everyone to enjoy all year long !:thumbs:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Right on, that looks like a solid trail. I know the BLM has a RMP revision coming up for the St. George district, will these trails be recognized or will they suffer the fate of the newer Moab and Price trails :eek:. I.e. has the BLM added these routes to their inventory? It would be a shame to lose some technical routes like these!

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
Good Question!!

Right on, that looks like a solid trail. I know the BLM has a RMP revision coming up for the St. George district, will these trails be recognized or will they suffer the fate of the newer Moab and Price trails :eek:. I.e. has the BLM added these routes to their inventory? It would be a shame to lose some technical routes like these!

At this time all the new trails are in the Sand Hollow Sand Hollow State Park are in the Open OHV area managed by the park in a cooperative agreement with the BLM and from what I have heard they are not in jeopardy but you never know!!!

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
At this time all the new trails are in the Sand Hollow Sand Hollow State Park are in the Open OHV area managed by the park in a cooperative agreement with the BLM and from what I have heard they are not in jeopardy but you never know!!!

That is great news, lets hope that if/when they move from an 'open' to 'designated routes' that they will recognize them! :cool:

Don B

formerly rebarguy
That is great news, lets hope that if/when they move from an 'open' to 'designated routes' that they will recognize them! :cool:

When the BLM comes out with their alternatives for public comment we need to let the BLM know that the public strongly supports keeping the Sand Mountain Open OHV area as it is.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Looks like some really great Technical hard trails. Maybe one day I will have a rig capable of tackling these. Can't wait for the videos. Looks fun.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
When the BLM comes out with their alternatives for public comment we need to let the BLM know that the public strongly supports keeping the Sand Mountain Open OHV area as it is.

Agreed but given the overwhelming trend of morphing areas from open to designated it likely wouldn't be a bad idea at all to get these on the BLM & States radar long before they develop any alternatives. As you know once Alternatives are developed they cannot simply add routes, they must be added after the fact in a long and laborious process (ie Coyote Canyon).

Getting them on the radar is the key however I don't have an easy answer how to make that happen. I assume they make SWCF apply for a Special Recreation Permit for the event? Do they make you list and map the trails you will be using? I can only assume this would be a great first step?

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
Yes we have to do a permit!

Agreed but given the overwhelming trend of morphing areas from open to designated it likely wouldn't be a bad idea at all to get these on the BLM & States radar long before they develop any alternatives. As you know once Alternatives are developed they cannot simply add routes, they must be added after the fact in a long and laborious process (ie Coyote Canyon).

Getting them on the radar is the key however I don't have an easy answer how to make that happen. I assume they make SWCF apply for a Special Recreation Permit for the event? Do they make you list and map the trails you will be using? I can only assume this would be a great first step?

We are working on exactly what your referring to we will have all the trails in to the BLM for the permit process and as we do more we are submitting them to the BLM as well when we get done we are looking at more than 20 trails by the time we get done!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We are working on exactly what your referring to we will have all the trails in to the BLM for the permit process and as we do more we are submitting them to the BLM as well when we get done we are looking at more than 20 trails by the time we get done!

Right on!

Events like this can be the saving grace for trails, there is not a doubt in my mind that Moab's trail selection would be in dire straights comparatively if it were not for the annual EJS event and the work of the RR4W (and in modern times the MFFW club). The monies, the recognition, the mapping and the verifiable use goes a long ways.

I'm excited to get down there again one of these days to check out all the new trails.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Kurt, we are all hopeful that organizations like SWCF and others will help get all the trails inside the open travel area recognized. I think this is a HUGE opportunity for the 4x4 community, we have a really good area that is open for us to use. With the trails in this state disappearing at an alarming rate I for one am excited to have a place where new trails are legal. I hope that we can get them established and added so they can stay open forever (if there is such a thing). There is a lot of fun stuff around, the other side of the dunes is awesome too, the maze and west rim are great trails, as well as the scenic loops you can take around the entire area, I have seen so many awesome sunsets and amazing storm cycles from up on the sand hollow area.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt, we are all hopeful that organizations like SWCF and others will help get all the trails inside the open travel area recognized. I think this is a HUGE opportunity for the 4x4 community, we have a really good area that is open for us to use. With the trails in this state disappearing at an alarming rate I for one am excited to have a place where new trails are legal. I hope that we can get them established and added so they can stay open forever (if there is such a thing). There is a lot of fun stuff around, the other side of the dunes is awesome too, the maze and west rim are great trails, as well as the scenic loops you can take around the entire area, I have seen so many awesome sunsets and amazing storm cycles from up on the sand hollow area.

You know I'm excited about it :cool: