The new True Grit! Good movie!

roverrocks

I loved the new True Grit. Have seen it twice. The original was good but the new version is better at least in my eyes. "Mattie" should be up for best actress! She is terrific. I love good westerns. Few made anymore. They are the most American of movies if made with vision and thoroughness as this one was. Loved the "bearman" doctor and dentist too in True Grit.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I liked it pretty well.. but I have to say that I thought the acting was... kind of stagey. Viewed in that light, I have no complaints, but it felt like a play, with a movie backdrop. Matt Damon is the new Keanu Reeves. Jeff Bridges was pretty good as Rooster though. :D

I also loved the doctor/dentist. That was great. :rofl:

pELYgroso

'Merica
I LOVED the movie.....until the end ruined it. I'm not one of those artsy fartsy guys that likes weird symbolism crap at the ending of movies. I like the good guy winning and getting the girl kind of endings..... I think it would have been a much better ending if the girl rode off into the sunset as a bad-a$$ bounty hunter herself. It just didn't make any sense to me. I won't go into detail and ruin it for anyone. Worth seeing though for the rest of the movie. Way more comedy that had me cracking up than I expected!!

4554x4

always modifing something
I liked the movie. I wasnt bothered by the ending. I would see it again.

I didnt get the rope thing around their bedding. was it to keep the snakes away?

barnsbronco

I thought it was definatly worth watching. I thought Bridges did a real good job but I have not seen the original. I think the ropes were supposed to ward off snakes somehow.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I liked the movie. I wasnt bothered by the ending. I would see it again.

I didnt get the rope thing around their bedding. was it to keep the snakes away?

Rooster explained the rope in the first campfire scene. Yeah, keeps snakes away.

It was a Coen Brothers movie, and it played exactly as you would expect a Coen Brothers western to play. It was Fargoish in a more western way.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
We saw it last night. Good flick! :cool:

I can see where Tacoma is coming from. Some of the acting did seem a bit "stagey". Ultimately though, this didn't negate the entertainment value for me. Bridges was great.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I thought it was great, and I agree with Tacoma's sentiments. I'll be seeing it again.

"If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot."

roverrocks

Bridges/Rooster is only one part of this good film though a good part. You won't miss The Duke as this film is quite different from the original in many, many ways. Go see it on the big screen for the stunning cinematography, the new most excellent "Mattie Ross", great character acting, and comedic value. You won't regret it.