The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

Cascadia

Undecided
I just wrote a long report and hit submit and then it was gone. I don't feel like writing it again. I left from Orem, went down I15, down hwy 6, up hwy 191, across 40, and down 189 to my house. Had fun. Just about 200 miles on the dot.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I took the 32 Pontiac in for an alignment a few weeks ago .Using the dolly was a noisy adventure .
Then once home I took it for a drive around the neighborhood and out on the main road for a bit at 40mph (no windshield, lights, plates , sooooo illegal) . It drove nice and straight.

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Cool thread idea! My first passion is racing and luckily I've been able to be involved in it for a living. This is the car we ran last year in the Grand-Am Rolex series. I just sold it to a guy who is now running it in World Challenge this year. I took this photo right after stripping the wrap off of it, so the carbon still has some splotchy adhesive marks.
IMG_5996.png

And this is it with the wrap on during the 2012 Daytona 24hr race.
561539_4453845108731_1854149319_n.jpg

I also have a pretty sweet Grand National that I'll be putting up for sale if anyone is interested.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Man Steve, you are making me want a little roadster again. I've always wanted to build a factory five, and while I'm not really a miata guy I will admit I've been looking really closely at the Solstice GXP also.

sixstringsteve

I'm still loving my miata. The convertible aspect is awesome in the evening. And driving is fun again. I say go for it Curt! I believe the solstice competes against the miata in solo2. It'd be fun to have similarly classed cars (though mine won't be stock for long).

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Here it is. Its an 87 and in pretty awesome shape. No surprise though considering that it only has 42k miles on it.
I'll probably post it up for sale this week, so if anyone knows someone interested in something like this let me know. I'd hook you up with a finders fee.
zIMG_7722_zps83b178b6.jpg

zIMG_7729_zps000d09d2.jpg

zIMG_7730_zps954484e3.jpg

zIMG_7724_zps8899b3cc.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Here it is. Its an 87 and in pretty awesome shape. No surprise though considering that it only has 42k miles on it.
I'll probably post it up for sale this week, so if anyone knows someone interested in something like this let me know. I'd hook you up with a finders fee.

zIMG_7729_zps000d09d2.jpg

zIMG_7730_zps954484e3.jpg

zIMG_7724_zps8899b3cc.jpg

GN's are badass!! :chris: :bow:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X

That is a beauty!! I may know of two people that could be interested in it. PM me the price and a contact number and I'll forward it over to them?

Rock Taco

Have you seen this episode? It's probably not quite what you're looking at, but it made me think of you.

[video=youtube;yGjMIjNkwhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGjMIjNkwhc[/video]

Im sure it doesnt handle the curves very well but it sure goes straight!

[video=youtube;sCuGNMOHIy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCuGNMOHIy4[/video]

sixstringsteve

the wife and I took a road trip to Yellowstone this past weekend. We got between 33 and 35 MPG. Not too shabby! I'll post the video up in a bit once it's done.

sixstringsteve

WOW, Chicago is quite a haul! I'm impressed. Although I must say that the Miata is one of the most comfortable cars I've driven in.