The pit Build

Coco

I finally started building my sami. I am calling it the $$$ pit, seeing is how it is emptying my wallet, but it is all fun! I can't believe I wanted to sell it! I worked on the front axle today, as well as some other doodads. I pulled the old front axle, and got a new one in. Found some very scary things wrong with the old axle! I got the new axle back in around 1:55 this afternoon, then just goofed around with it after that. Pulled the front bumper off to start planning for my new bumpers. I am trying to make this street legal, so I can drive it, and get rid of the 4runner. Here are some pics:

Old axle:
1004874rq0.jpg

1004875cy7.jpg

1004876fq0.jpg

No wonder I was having so much bump steer, and death wobble...Yes, I pulled it off like that! But I am sure the bearings played a rule in that as well.

How is currently looks, w/ new front axle:
1004871ly0.jpg

1004872xt0.jpg

1004873xf5.jpg

This axles' spider gears are currently welded, and it SUCKS on the street. I had it in 4 low, and just tried to do a U turn, it fought me the whole way, and then I let go, and it turned the other way. That is my next mod, put the open diff in this axle.

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
Please tell me you are not going to really drive that on the street with those shackles, negative arched springs, and that steering......... Please?

Coco

Yes, those are obth in my plans. I can drive it on the streets w/ this steering, and shackles, but I am not going to keep it that way. It is temporary. I plan to eventually swap for stock YJ's (if anyone has any please PM me) and probably do the high steer.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
x111ty billion on the steering. Holy crap that's scary. For the love of all that is decent fix that FIRST!!!!! Do not pass go!!!

sniperthx

Yep, worked with the guy for six months, really doesnt know what he wants. funny thing was for the entire time i worked with him, he wouldnt talk about anything but getting a samurai.

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
If you're going to keep that steering and front suspension should come LONG before an open diff :O!!!!!!! Please, for the safety of everyone around you do not drive that until you have fixed the steering!