Other Region the Rubicon Trail in 2013--when are we going?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Many of you know about my Jeep's failure to make it all the way to the Rubicon Trail last September. You also know this only strengthened my resolve to make it all the way there in 2013. I've heard two different RMEers mention they were planning a Rubicon trip for 2013 (albeit at different times), though I got the impression nothing was really set in stone as of yet.

Now my wife is bugging me, asking me when I intend to make this trip. She'd like to know relatively soon so she can arrange to get that week off of work. (Don't be silly--she wouldn't dream of going on this trip with us. She just wants to be off work while I'm gone so she can stay at home and take care of our dog. Seriously.)

So: who is planning to go, and when?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
This reminds me: isn't there an "official" (?) calendar somewhere for the Rubicon? I think I remember looking at it last summer, though I cannot recall where I saw it.

sixstringsteve

the official calendar is on Pirate4x4, under the "rubicon" section. You email the forum admin to get added to the calendar.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
If we can make it I will be bringing both my wife and the dogs, so tell your wife she would have another girl along to pretty up the place.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
tell your wife she would have another girl along to pretty up the place.

That's not it at all. My wife will no longer go Jeeping with me, because she thinks every trip I take her on will result in this:

563798_309370852514013_701511456_n.jpg

This makes her rather uncomfortable for some reason.

Strautins

If anyone is going in the spring I'd be down... I leave Utah in mid June for the east coast but I'd love to hit Rubicon while I'm somewhat close!

Wasn't sure when it would be clear for wheeling... **** it I'm from Alaska, I'll take the arctic cat

Ok, take your arctic cat. I have Ski-Doo's cuz I guess I don't know any better. :D

I've never experienced the Rubicon in spring/early summer first hand, but I understand that 10-20' of snow in much of the basin is not uncommon. I asked about sledding there, but the local guys I was with hadn't been.