The Rubicon with Old friends

Bart

I'll let you know. We're leaving on the 9th, and hitting the trail on the 10th. Hopefully the water crossing to Rubicon Springs is down a bit, there are some rigs with us with 33" and 35" tires.

Bart

Sorry, I meant Buck Island. There were 5 rigs that went through last weekend and 2 ended up hydrolocking. My last trip to the Rubi was in 98 and we camped at Spider Lake and noticed all the "white bombs" everywhere, which was the reason for the eventual camping restrictions and outhouses. That was also back in the days when the Little Sluice was in its glory.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Sorry, I meant Buck Island. There were 5 rigs that went through last weekend and 2 ended up hydrolocking. My last trip to the Rubi was in 98 and we camped at Spider Lake and noticed all the "white bombs" everywhere, which was the reason for the eventual camping restrictions and outhouses. That was also back in the days when the Little Sluice was in its glory.

We didn't have a water crossing at Buck Island either, but I'm sure there are plenty of them near any lake right now. The place we parked to play in that lake is submerged right now.

The number of outhouses on the trail (fancy port o potties) was surprisingly good.

Little sluice was sort of a disappointment because of the radical changes, but also a highpoint, because everyone in our group was able to drive through it, and several of us thought we would never be able to drive it. It's still a challenge for a rig on 35's.