The Rubicon......

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Who hasn't wanted to run the 'Con? This is just talk for now, but I'd like to get an idea of who would HONESTLY go.

Summer or Fall, 2003. Probably about a week off to get out there, wheel and drive back. The drive is 9hrs from SLC, to Tahoe and nearly 600 miles. I think the drive to and from could be done in one day, if a early start was had.

I think the best time to hit the 'Con for us, would be mid-week. Take 3-4 days on the trail, and see the the crowds gather as we're on the way out?

More than likely, I'd be driving the Toyota out there. (Anyone got a spot on a Trailer? :D )

I bet we could get a couple local POR members to show us all the fun areas.

So, who could make it?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yes. But that answer is dependent upon several other things. Such as: when, if I could get the time off, and if I could afford the trip at the time being.

How's that for an answer?

Sounds like a great idea! :D

WJL

No have never ran it, Yes would love to run it.

Need to have some lead time notice.
I would be trailering my Jeep
Also can tell some friends in Co they may want to go also.

I think also mid week is a better time to go also start driving on a Monday or Tuesday to avoid the weekend rush. Is there a quiet time for the Rubicon?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
For you Yota owners... the Wasatch Cruiser Club will be running the Rubicon in the fall of 2003. All Toyota trucks and cruisers are welcome. The club did it a few years ago and had a blast...I can't wait... email me for more info!

Thanks

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm in....I'd like to go in late June or whenever..... {in fact, I've been talking this up to the spouse for about a year now.... I promised only one or two trips to Moab this spring in exchange for the Rubicon}

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I did it once. I would LOVE to go back! You plan it and if it fits well with the UROC schedule I would love to go. Sorry, no extra space on the trailer though...:p

Greg

Admin
Alright, I see if I can hammer out a Date and we'll go from there.

Is there a concern about minumum Mods?- 33" Tires, at least one Locker, Tow Straps, Spare Tire, Jack, Spare Parts, your own tools, etc......

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've been trying to plan a trip to the Rub for about 2 years now and things always come up. I have decided to just wait a few years, other wise I will just stress myself trying.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Jeremy
I've been trying to plan a trip to the Rub for about 2 years now and things always come up. I have decided to just wait a few years, other wise I will just stress myself trying.

You haven't gone in the past few years, and wanted to. You want to wait..... Uhhhhh.... Now IS the time, bro! You've done your waiting! Join us!
And bring a FritoLay Freightliner with a Flatbed!! :D (Lots 'O F's there!)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg

You haven't gone in the past few years, and wanted to. You want to wait..... Uhhhhh.... Now IS the time, bro! You've done your waiting! Join us!

I won't have a Freightliner, but might have a crew cab and fifth wheel flatbed by then.......otherwise, I'll just take the Xj and a tent :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg

He he, getting the time off would be pretty difficult this year, ya see, lotsa peope eat chips in the summer time, something about bbq's and stuff. New job, new kid, new Jeep( that needs work)
And frito tends to frown on "auto transport" he he.:D

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
I generaly go out over the 4th of july.
But any time is good.
If you plan on doing it go for four days minimum. One day to get in and get camp set up, two days to just wheel and one day to get out and back to trucks and trailers.

2001 I even did a burner trip just for the por clean-up. That was a long weekend.

As far as drive time it took me 11 hrs towing at about 75 mph the whole way.

Greg

Admin
11 Hrs, huh? I guess 11 hrs of towing makes for a long trip, eh?

Is the trail pretty crowded over the 4th of July? I'd imagine it is!

DToy

I'm in, just lemme know when so I can schedule it. I've wanted to go for several years also. Let's do it!

S

sukaB

Fat bastard and the boys would love to have
utah fresh meat out there...
We are going to head over after one of the cal rock events....

But I will definetely run this year.....

If jeremy goes with us we need a hockey goalie to bring his bucket "O" pucks......:D