The Squeeze. Southern Utah

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Breaking a wheel like that is interesting. What’s that story?
I was in a situation where both wheels where wedged hard and the tires where pushing away from the wheel and as I kept going the wheel broke. I have inner air beadlocks so the tires stayed put on the beads until there was no bead to push against on the one wheel.

notajeep

Just me
I was in a situation where both wheels where wedged hard and the tires where pushing away from the wheel and as I kept going the wheel broke. I have inner air beadlocks so the tires stayed put on the beads until there was no bead to push against on the one wheel.

What joints are you running?

kmboren

The newer style Rock krawler ones but no more. I honestly think there is a manufacturing flaw because they wont last a single trail. This was the second new one that failed on me.

Last edited:

kmboren

I have run a rock krawler 3 link long arm kit for a long time. Changed out bushing ends for the joint ends and that is the first real time I have had bad luck with them. Enough bad luck that I don't want to run them again.

kmboren

I have talked to summit and their joints are back ordered until after Thanksgiving. Might have to put a rock krawler back in it just to do my sons memorial run. Then run the summit's after that.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have talked to summit and their joints are back ordered until after Thanksgiving. Might have to put a rock krawler back in it just to do my sons memorial run. Then run the summit's after that.

Check midnight4x4, I know they carry some Summit Machine stuff... and might have some in stock?