The U4WDA 2009 winter convention in St. George, UT

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Lori will have the eXcursion for Saturday phun. We'll get there Friday afternoon (can't get them to come sooner). Trying to get them to agree to come down Thurs...what time are you leaving on Thurs?

That'd save me about 4000 lbs. if you guys cruise down earlier. I need to reassemble the Jeep and do a run to work. That's 14 miles. That should tell me what I need to know, I guess.

U4WDA

Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association
Just a reminder, the Convention is closing in fast! Those of you planning on attending, please use the links above to pre-register and find out any information you need!

notajeep

Just me
Sweet, it is even on the way back north. I have never done it, but there are pretty clear instructions on how to find it, and it looks nasty!
Should be a goood time. :greg:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Sweet, it is even on the way back north. I have never done it, but there are pretty clear instructions on how to find it, and it looks nasty!

wrecking ball is gonna take you quite a big part of the day if nothing happens. I have seen it and its just a huge river bed of huge river rock for over a mile. The last time I heard any body did it 2 comp rigs broke down and one had to be left and welded and fixed the next week. You guys should be good though, its on the list of things to do with the new buggy.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous

Todd Little who use to compete with his wife Jennifer is leading the buggy trail on saturday and last i talked to him is that if it is not all snowed over and icy he was going to do ash creek for the saturday run. That just depends upon the weather and if it is covered with snow or Ice.

rock4fun

almost a free ride

I would like to know if any buddy might be interested in putting there crawler on my friends trailer to go to St George this weekend. Here is the deal you're rig gets to go on the trailer for free. You have to pay for your own food and depending on where we all stay maybe kick in some cash for a hotel room. The trailer will be leaving pleasant grove either thursday night or friday night depending on if he can get out of work or not. So if you and your rig want to go just let me now. also if you don't have a rig and still want to go let me know we can find room to put you I'm sure.

rondo

rondo
I will be down there with the fam. The only question is that we've registered...so how do we know if we've got the trail we signed up for? I don't want to get bumped to some weenie trail because that's a waste of my trip and weekend.

Bart

Anybody seen the latest weather forecast for St George? Looks like rain all day on Friday. :mad: I know I'm a wuss, but don't really have a desire to travel a long a ways, fill the buggy with wet road grime, and then wheel all day in the rain. Bummer. Reconsidering the trip, at least Friday. :(

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Picture3.png

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
Anybody seen the latest weather forecast for St George? Looks like rain all day on Friday. :mad: I know I'm a wuss, but don't really have a desire to travel a long a ways, fill the buggy with wet road grime, and then wheel all day in the rain. Bummer. Reconsidering the trip, at least Friday. :(

Come on Bart, passing showers does not mean rain all day. I got a tarp and bungee straps you can barrow.:ugh:

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
I would beleive the KSL weather long before some weather web site. I can deal with partly cloudy and temps in the low 60s. Much better then the smog / inversion here.

bruzer

Any more info on the buggy only trail?

It all depends on weather which trail will be ran. Either way, you can most likley expect carnage and breakage. Last year all but two rigs broke on natural disaster.

So my son and I have registered and are planning on running the Sliplock trail Friday and Fault Line / West Rim on Saturday. I picked these on the basis of the Trail Ratings on the U4WDA website. I have basically a stock TJ 2" springs 1" body lift with 33's and open diffs. Do these trails sound okay for me. Are there bypasses for harder obstacles encountered on these trails. Just looking for some info in case I need to switch to a different trail.

You should be just fine.

Anyone have more pictures of the Trails/obstacles?

Here some pics of Slip lok, west rim/fault line and milt mile.

Slip Lock http://rides.webshots.com/album/559106292NnmZDE
West Rim http://rides.webshots.com/album/561115762CdxqZk
Milts Mile http://rides.webshots.com/album/561115762CdxqZk

All these trails do have bypasses. There is only a couple of spots on Milt's Mile the does not have bypasses.

Bart

At this point I'm still planning on going, so 3:30 it is. I talked with Todd yesterday and he told me we (the buggy guys for the buggy trail) can meet him at exit 33 instead of going all the way into Hurricane. I'm stoked to go, just have to figure out a way to make a tarp fit over the buggy.