The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Caleb

I really wanted to join you guys today but schedules just didn't win out. I guess I did join the tail end. Strange running into you like that. I'm in for a diamond fork ride if I can swing it.

Wait, was that you Steve was talking to in the parking lot with the trials bike?

It was a great ride, thanks for being the guinea pig...err I mean leader Tyson :D Definitely a fun area to ride. We ought to do a night ride up there, that would change things up a bit :D

sixstringsteve

Grant, Rick, and I decided to run Mineral Basin trail up AF canyon. we started around 5 and did mineral basin and the first 1/4 mile of forest lake. Mineral basin was basically a river. All the snow melt was running directly down the trail, which made it very tough to ride on my little KX. I definitely should have had the trials bike that time.

@ forest lake, we ran into glockman and his family.

I'm working on a couple little videos. SHould be ready by tonight.

rholbrook

I will most likely be running Ben Lomand Peak one night this week. Dont know which night yet as I am supposed to be heading for St George for a few weeks and have to replace a ball joint in the car so when it depends when I get that done.

We should be able to go from Pine View Dam to N. Ogden Pass but I dont know if you can get up over Willard Peak into Mantua yet but we shall see.

SportSawyer

... We should be able to go from Pine View Dam to N. Ogden Pass but I dont know if you can get up over Willard Peak into Mantua yet but we shall see.

Between North Ogden Pass and Willard Basin there's a seasonal closure for motorcycles. It's open to motorcycles from July 16th to November 14th. From Pineview to North Ogden Pass there's no seasonal closure.

Last edited:

GAR

AF Canyon this Thursday? Sometime I want to ride the whole ridge trail, not sure that's possible in a single night though. Were we on part of the ridge trail last Thursday? Where we got stuck in the snow?
If Steve brings his pocket chainsaw, I'll bring my backpacking/avalanche shovel and we'll make it through anything;) might even be back by dark

sixstringsteve

157 is the ridge trail. About half of what we rode was the ridge trail. It went from the snow all the way to the fire road. I'm going to have to sit this Thursday out unforutnately. :( But I'm down for sawing/shoveling to get through it.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'll have to think about Thursday this week. Might be down dropping off furniture at the new condo in St. George, but if I'm back in time I might be up for it.

Cascadia

Undecided
Awesome trail! I especially liked that part, even though we went through there three times. Ha. After coming down trail 12, I am amazed we made it up it. Very tough.

rholbrook

xr3.jpgxr4.jpg This is my BIL's 1983 XR500. It literally has 500 miles on it. It spent over 10 years sitting in a shed in the Uintas right next to a Trail 110 that only 300 miles on it. I had to clean the carbs, drain the tank and change the oil again for him to ride it this weekend. This thing is still fast and fun to ride.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
View attachment 72737View attachment 72738 This is my BIL's 1983 XR500. It literally has 500 miles on it. It spent over 10 years sitting in a shed in the Uintas right next to a Trail 110 that only 300 miles on it. I had to clean the carbs, drain the tank and change the oil again for him to ride it this weekend. This thing is still fast and fun to ride.

That just made my night--thank you :chris: That would look so nice sitting next to my 84 (hint hint) :D

GAR

Great pics. I have the first 3 hours on my GoPro. I'm still editing the AF Canyon ride, so it'll be while 'till I get around to this one.

you want another hour of video? It's mostly of Tyson falling over logs, me falling over logs, Tyson rolling down hills backwards... good stuff ;)

Caleb

We had a great ride this weekend up Hobble Creek. Much the same as we ran last time, but we also ran the right fork (which was probably the funnest part of the whole day for me). Here's the track from it:

EDIT: something else to mention is most of the logs that were crossing trails have all been cleared.

Attachments

• Hobble_Creek 28 MAY 2012.kmz
    46 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

GAR

We had a great ride this weekend up Hobble Creek. Much the same as we ran last time, but we also ran the right fork (which was probably the funnest part of the whole day for me). Here's the track from it:

Sweet, sounds like fun. Is the loop off Right Fork rd single or two track?

Anyone riding AFC Thursday? or this weekend?