The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We had some great riding tonight on grandmas track. Many good lap times.

One daughter got some whisky throttle while coming off a roller, by the time she got to her brakes it was too late and she went super man style right into a fence. Her head was sideways, and one of the old wood log posts went right under her visor and gave the helmet a good smack right above her eyes. I'm super glad it hit helmet and didn't go straight into the goggle area.
It was kind of a scary deal to watch. After about 10 min of crying and pulling stickers out of her from the weeds she got back on and rode some more.
Made me question my parenting technique as a whole for just a second..

Tonkaman

That poor kid must have had get scariest moment in life! I say as long as you didn't force her back behind the bars to face some demons, then your parenting skills are spot on. Your kids will always remember motorcycle Mondays

Moorskin

Anyone planning on riding tomorrow? I'm up for a morning ride up AF or diamond fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be down. I'd love to take a proper ride up AF canyon, I've only been once a few years ago and it was like going to wal-mart there were so many people.

Cascadia

Undecided
Anyone want to ride mid morning? Trails should be awesome with no dust and I can't imagine much mud at all considering how dry its been. Diamond fork, hobble creek, af?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Heading out for a day ride tomorrow morning, I'll be taking the 690 and a local guy will be on his Honda XR650R... planning on riding from Grand Junction to the San Juan mountains, find some high-elevation passes, probably get soaked by some thunderstorms and hopefully avoid the lightning! It's going to be a long day and probably a lot of miles... we're meeting up at 6 AM in order to beat the heat! :eek:

The SPOT will be running.... http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0gY0zt4qaBf6oqHPxlPgIAHXlaa6Fs4VH

Moorskin

Anyone want to ride mid morning? Trails should be awesome with no dust and I can't imagine much mud at all considering how dry its been. Diamond fork, hobble creek, af?

Hey Cascadia I wouldn't mind going. I'd actually like to do some motorcycle camping too at some point too.

Cascadia

Undecided
I was off and on today about going riding today. I finally got sick of folding clothes so I put the boy down for a nap, told my wife to take a nap and I took off on a trail. I unloaded at Hope campground in Provo canyon and headed toward Hobblecreek. After 5 miles I took a left on a single track which was trail 060. Took it up the ravine after a few miles you are surrounded by mountains. The trail took me up and over Cascade mountain. If you've driven through Utah valley and look at the mountains, it is the tallest one on the east side of Provo canyon. It has all the grooves cut into it.

It was definitely one of the most technical trails I've ridden. You ride across and over all the trenches. As I crossed over the ridge it drops off both sides forever. I caught myself talking out loud to myself. It was sketchy but it was one of those areas where you have to keep your speed up a little to stay more stable. After the ridge it was a steep decline down and I was hoping it would take me somewhere not too far out of the way. There was no getting back up it with super tight switchbacks and loose dirt.

I eventually ended up at Big Springs up South Fork Canyon. It wasn't too long of a ride but I'm glad I got out. Trail conditions were perfect with zero dust and temps up top at about 55 degrees. Ill do it again but next time take the right fork which I think goes to Wallsburg.

Pics and map attached to this link....

http://alltrails.com/track/track-jul-6-1202-pm

rholbrook

My boy and I got out for a couple of hours for an easy ride. Harrison has been going nuts for the last month so we went up Farmington Canyon it was such a nice morning up there. One thing I noticed was how nice the roads were up there now. They took a grader all the way around the flats and got rid of all the rocks and the ruts.

Cascadia

Undecided
They did that on the Hope to Hobble road a few weeks ago and it made it super dusty. With the rain and being driven on it is nice and packed down now.

Glad you're feeling better Russ!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Went for a quick ride up the Pineview trail last night with Russ and a few of his friends. We were gonna go up Farmington Canyon but I guess a truck rolled up there and the canyon was closed.

Pineview trail has some breathtaking views. Pics do it no justice! Fun ride.

rholbrook

That is a nice area this time of year. I bet it felt nice and cool up there.
Russ I'm glad to hear your back in the saddle!

A friend of mine is in the Davis Co Search and Rescue and he knew we were headed up Farmington so he called and asked if we were up there because a couple had rolled their truck behind the towers. He didn't have specifics yet but knew one of them needed to be lifted out.

Yes I am back in the saddle again. I am not maybe 85-90% but between me and my boy, we have been jonesing to get out so I am taking my chances and hoping I can keep the rubber side down. I did buy some good body armor. My son wanted to know if we should test it and challenged me to step out in front of a car.

The ride was nice, we had four adults and 3 kids from 12 - 13 with us. The kids did really well on the trail, there was only a few crashes. A really tight narrow switchback to the left got two of them on the way down. Its really steep there and they get a little nervous. Funny thing is the one I was worried about made it fine.

I am on my last video of our Dead Cow ride last January. I should have it all edited today, just need to figure out how to add text and music to it. Do I use GoPro or Window Movie Maker, any hints?
IMG_2253.jpg
I am thinking we may head up to ride Beaver Creek above Logan this weekend.

Last edited: