Theft of Antiquities in Dells Canyon

e28bimmer

So some of you might have seen this, but for those who havent...
The ore bucket that has been hanging in Dells canyon for almost 65 years is now gone. Some a$$hole thought that it would look better in their yard then out for the public.
The Antiquities Act specifically notes that any item of potential Historical signifigance that is, or appears to be over 50 years old should not be touched or removed. Removal of any item of this sort is a federal crime.
In this case it should be prosecuted.

GRE is posting a $500 reward for any information that leads to the arrest of this individual or persons responsible for this.
reward.gif

here is the last pic we have of the Ore bucket from Feb. 2009
dellbin.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for stepping up to the plate Corey, I too was extremely disheartened to see that the ore bucket had been removed during our visit last week. Fingers crossed!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wow, that's horrible. I bet they worked their asses of getting it down & out. I'm amazed nobody saw anything, any idea of an approx. timeline when it went missing?

It's probably sitting in somewhere with a 'For Sale' sign on it. Nice work on posting the reward Corey.

e28bimmer

sometime between the second week of February and last weekend. I didnt see any tracks up there that were really fresh, but that rain and snow wipes things out pretty quick. Tooele Co. Sherriff didnt seem too interested, but said if we found who went up there and got it that he would make an arrest and turn it over to the prosecutor for evaluation. How far it goes from there... who knows...
Although I have heard of a ranger ticketing two guys for removing volcanic rock, ended up costing them something like 5k a piece...
Rock theft, thats kind of a joke..., but when you go out of your way to steal from a site, especially one that has been left alone for so long...well... gotta make a stand somewhere...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Come on guys, the volcanic rock was probably sitting around longer than the ore car... i'm just sayin..

Kidding, kidding...

This is lame.. I hope that in some miraculous way these DB's are found.. That would make for a good article.