They said it, and they meant it

Meat_

Banned
They are building the "Pioneer Highway" adjacent to my property. They are taking a portion for the new road so I've been dealing with the real estate agent and the engineer. She (the real estate agent) said that they would be starting construction soon and in a big way....

They meant it. :eek:

IMG00242.jpg IMG00243.jpg IMG00244.jpg

The engineer said that it cost the company $10k to move this thing up from Texas. They brought it in on one BIG trailer and the rest of the pieces were on a 40' semi.

This beast will be running the new 60" culinary water line from way over east somewhere into Saratoga Springs and Eagle Mountain (I forget the name of the new water company). The water was purchased from the now defunct Geneva Steel. The line will be 15~20' deep 0_o They will be fighting a LOT of ground water.

It will be a 4 lane restricted access road, with a light at my intersection :ugh:

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Did you feel their fair market value was "fair?" I'm guessing you didn't have much choice in the matter

Yes. It is higher than the tax appraisal.... you can protest the amount, and most people have started to, but then realized that they were getting a good deal. They prefer to make offers to buy that are a little inflated so that they can avoid having to go through the process of condemning the land. I'm sure there is also something behind them sending out a cute Ukrainian woman to buy the land :rofl:

We knew this was coming and have been ready for it. The main concern hasn't been over the land, it has been over the irrigation water and the wells.

They have a good plan in place for the irrigation water and they will be sinking new wells. Ours are 2 2" wells, unfortunately they do not drill 2" wells anymore... so it will be a 4" :D We'll probably only have them drill one well and then keep the money for the second well and sell the well permit.

bobmed

- - - -
Yes. It is higher than the tax appraisal.... you can protest the amount, and most people have started to, but then realized that they were getting a good deal. They prefer to make offers to buy that are a little inflated so that they can avoid having to go through the process of condemning the land. I'm sure there is also something behind them sending out a cute Ukrainian woman to buy the land :rofl:

We knew this was coming and have been ready for it. The main concern hasn't been over the land, it has been over the irrigation water and the wells.

They have a good plan in place for the irrigation water and they will be sinking new wells. Ours are 2 2" wells, unfortunately they do not drill 2" wells anymore... so it will be a 4" :D We'll probably only have them drill one well and then keep the money for the second well and sell the well permit.

Did you get her name and number;)

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
How much ground do you have there, and how much is being lost to the project? Ukranian women are kinky...:cool:

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
"it's a bypass! you've got to build bypasses"

38137-26285.gif

utahxjer

Wish my family would have bought up some land in Lehi back in the day....... I know alot of people that are doing quite well from having farms/fields when I was growing up.

Crinco

2 acres. I think the total they are taking is a shade under 3,000sq ft

They are just taking a sliver huh? That's about the amount of my land that has a canal on it down the side of my property. Man I LOVE paying taxes on that ground!!!
Hope they are giving you enough to get yourself a good wheeling rig put together :)

Meat_

Banned
Wish my family would have bought up some land in Lehi back in the day....... I know alot of people that are doing quite well from having farms/fields when I was growing up.
Yeah, I wish I had a few hundred acres....
They are just taking a sliver huh? That's about the amount of my land that has a canal on it down the side of my property. Man I LOVE paying taxes on that ground!!!
Hope they are giving you enough to get yourself a good wheeling rig put together :)

Yeah it's basically for the turn lane that comes off the new road.

Bart

So, lets see. You're making a decent deal on the little land you have to give up, but you're sitting on almost 2 prime acres at a major intersection (stop light). Prolly won't be long before you get tired of the traffic and offers start coming your way me thinks.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
So, lets see. You're making a decent deal on the little land you have to give up, but you're sitting on almost 2 prime acres at a major intersection (stop light). Prolly won't be long before you get tired of the traffic and offers start coming your way me thinks.

future home of the "Ukrainian massage palor"