Thieves

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
:mad2: Here's the story. The tires on my Jeep right now are bald. They're well past the point of needin to be replaced. I bought some tires on here a couple months ago for an incredible deal, but I just haven't gotten around to puttin them on yet (and I've been waitin for some repairs that have just been done). Anyway, so I put 4, 31" BFG ATs in the back of my XJ so I could go get em put on, but Big O couldn't do it till tomorrow, so i fiured I'd just leave em in the back of my Jeep since it'll be less than 24 hours till I need them again and i wouldn't have time between work and puttin them on to load em up. SO, my best friend and I decide tonight we needed to go to the movies and relax a little. So we go to Provo and hit up the dollar movies (heck yeah). We go in watch the movie and have a good time. We come out, and as we're walking up to my Jeep Bev's all "Jen..... where's your tires?" :mad2: I was hopin it was a practical joke because having them really be gone just is NOT good for my current financial situation. It's not like I've got $600 sitting around I can just go blow on tires right now. After cursing up a storm (dang it I thouht I'd quit :( ), I went back in to Movies 8 to see if they had cameras. The dude behind the counter used his walkie talkie to get what I asume was an executive to come talk to me. He was all dressed nicely in a suit and whatnot... Anyway, no, they didn't have cameras. They're a dollar theatre, i mean honestly, what should I have expected? So I got home and vented to my cousin who was here. He knows quite a bit about the criminal justice system from being on the criminal end of it a few too many times (lol) and he told me I needed to file a report and have them dust it for prints NOW. So I gave the police dept a ring and went down to have it dusted. I'm not very hopeful that anything will turn up, but it's better than nothing. It's awful hard to trace tires... but any little bit will help. I want those suckers to pay. :mad2: They left my stereo, CDs, and a bag of stuff my friend left in the front seat. Just took the tires. It makes sense. They could unload the tires in like 30 seconds. I guess I should count my blessings but it still SUCKS. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Moral of the story: Happy valley isn't so happy.

Last edited:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Chiksic said:
:mad2: Here's the story. The tires on my Jeep right now are bald. They're well past the point of needin to be replaced. I bought some tires on here a couple months ago for an incredible deal, but I just haven't gotten around to puttin them on yet (and I've been waitin for some repairs that have just been done). Anyway, so I put 4, 31" BFG ATs in the back of my XJ so I could o get em put on, but Bi O couldn't do it till tomorrow, so i fiured I'd just leave em in the back of my Jeep since it'll be less than 24 hours till I need them again and i wouldn't have time between work and puttin them on to load em up. SO, my best friend and I decide tonight we needed to go to the movies and relax a little. So we go to Provo and hit up the dollar movies (heck yeah). We go in watch the movie and have a good time. We come out, and as we're walking up to my Jeep Bev's all "Jen..... where's your tires?" :mad2: I was hopin it was a practical joke because havin them really be gone just is NOT good for my current financial situation. It's not like I've got $600 sitting around I can just go blow on tires right now. After cursing up a storm (dan it I thouht I'd quit :( ), I went back in to Movies 8 to see if they had cameras. The dude behind the counter used his walkie talkie to get what I asume was an executive to come talk to me. He was all dressed nicely in a suit and whatnot... Anyway, no, they didn't have cameras. They're a dollar theatre, i mean honestly, what should I have expected? So I got home and vented to my cousin who was here. He knows quite a bit about the criminal justice system from being on the criminal end of it a few too many times (lol) and he told me I needed to file a report and have them dust it for prints NOW. So I gave the police dept a ring and went down to have it dusted. I'm not very hopeful that anythin will turn up, but it's better than nothing. It's awful hard to trace tires... but any little bit will help. I want those suckers to pay. :mad2: They left my stereo, CDs, and a bag of stuff my friend left in the front seat. Just the tires. It makes sense. They could unload the tires in like 30 seconds. I guess I should count my blessings but it still SUCKS. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Moral of the story: Happy valley isn't so happy.

Damn Jen, Im so sorry... that really sucks! :(

ryslc

car audio guy
that does suck...i have had a set of 39.5 swampers sitting the the side of a friends parents house for almost a year and nobody has touched them.
you can see from the road too. :eek:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Movie theatres are the worst place to leave stuff in your car. People know when you go there, you'll be gone for a couple hours. At smaller theatres, that don't have a ton of movies going all the time, the parking lot can be pretty quiet until the show is over. Lots of time for thieves the check out your junk.

Back in the day, I had a prerunner bumber and show bar on my 'yota, (high school :rolleyes: ) . Went to the movies, when I came out, someone had taken the time to unbolt all 6( :rolleyes: ) of my KC Daylighters. Sorry for your loss, Jen, I hope the police can help you. How about a description of the tires?

ryslc

car audio guy
by the way i sell alarms for cars for a living...i would give any fellow wheelin' guy a hook-up deal on one.
car concepts
467-0212
ryan

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
That blows. I know how you feel though. I was puttin the lift on my jeep. It took longer than I thought and left the tires by the jeep. they were there when I went to work and 3 hours later when I came home early to finish they were gone. :mad2:

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
utahxjer said:
DAMN! Someone had to see that happening WTF!!!

You would think someone would see it, but you are talkin about happy valley were no one wants to ask questions. 5 years ago on one of my old Jeeps I had my wheels and tires stollen from Movies 8. Jeep was just sittin on the rotors, they didn't even have the kindness to at least leave it on blocks. Know one saw anything though. I hate that parking lot. Thats the only place I have ever had something stollin. Sorry to hear it happened to you.

ALF

SURE!?
That does suck! I had my fourwheeler loaded on my trailer and then stolen in broad daylight out of my backyard (damn magna) and to top it off the sheriff made me come to them to file a report. I did get the bike back (totaled) but no trailer. If you can fit 33's on your jeep I got a set that will get you by!

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I wish I could fit 33s, but i can't. :( Thanks for the offer, though, I really appreciate it everybody's kindness.

For a description of the tires.... I don't know what else to say other than they were 31" BFG ATs. Not on rims, nothing special. *shrug* I doubt the cops will be able to find em, but I had to try.

Hmmm....reading this whole thing just makes me mad(I hate being mad). I've had especially bad luck with theiving bastards. My jeep was stollen and stripped and my cruiser was stollen and is still gone. This sort of thing makes you feel like crap. My piece of advice is don't let yourself get mad about it. It doesn't help at all and in the end you're still tireless.
I'll check around and see if I can scroung up some tires for ya, there's got to be some people here with some 31's that would let them go for ya.

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
Look on the bright side you still have your stereo and cd's, tires are a dime a dozen on RME you'll get another good deal. It does suck, but I doubt you'll be without tires for long.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I hate these scum bags they are the reason I have a German shepherd and a colt 1911 .45 and a 9mm in my room.

First my car in high school smashed my window ripped out my stereo noticed I had rca's so proceeded to RIP out my back seat in an attempt to get into my trunk that didn't work so they tried to pop the trunk so hard and so many times they bent the lever staight up (little did they know I had a lock out on it) and when that didn't work they took a crow bar to my trunk and bent the hell out of my quarter panel trying to get it open.

My chermut not a break in but ALL 4 tires slashed.

Home on leave from the Army at my g/f's house, I had rolled my toy on my last trip home so I was borrowing my grandparents 1988 ford tarus came out the next morning window busted door wide open dash destroyed glove box literally ripped out. WTF there was absolutly nothing in it who the hell is going to break into an 88 rusted taurus.

4runner had it again at my g/f's house I was installing my lift the next day so I had my tools in it. broke in stole all my tools. but left the $1000 lift wtf???

2 weeks after we moved into our new place some one broke into my g/f 4runner stole about .72 out of the ash tray and took the sun visor THE SUN VISOR.

wtf I hate these scum bags if I ever catch or hear anyone again first the dogs going to get 'em then i'm going to put a .45 in each of their knee caps.

Jeeptj98

trd270 said:
I hate these scum bags they are the reason I have a German shepherd and a colt 1911 .45 and a 9mm in my room.

First my car in high school smashed my window ripped out my stereo noticed I had rca's so proceeded to RIP out my back seat in an attempt to get into my trunk that didn't work so they tried to pop the trunk so hard and so many times they bent the lever staight up (little did they know I had a lock out on it) and when that didn't work they took a crow bar to my trunk and bent the hell out of my quarter panel trying to get it open.

Was that the White Leberon? that was broken into?

ShaggyHippy

eddie would go
tires

hey did you check with the quary or with shopko or with chapion tires or with that mex rest down there or that bussines building to see if they have video cam just my two cent i hope u find those ass rods