Think I would be dumb too.....

I was thinking of trading/selling one of the cherokees for a crotch rocket. All my vehicles Jeep, Ford, Olds get a whooping 12-13mpg so a bike for the summer seems like a good move. Looking at a used R6 or R1 or anything else i could get a deal on. Anyone got any current bike knowledge ?

I do expect to get bashed for even thinking of getting rid of a Jeep, lol.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Love my scooter, but I'd never give up my Jeep for one. Wait till you can have both, winters are LONG when you're a biker.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I have a lot of friends with rockets...bless their hearts they are all douchebags and you will be too if you get one.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Well, I was going to add wait till you could get a real bike, but I didn't want to be a total Richard.....

Rockets are fun, for about 10 minutes.

Good way to die young, but yeah, the mileage is ok. :D

Have you seen what I do for a living, im going down early anyways.

I still would have a cherokee for the trail so it wouldn't kill that hobby.

Im not going to get enough out of the cherokee i would sell to by a Harley or a Big Dog so thats why I was thinking a Rocket.

If someone tries to convince me to by a Buelle Im going to puke.

Heavy lift helicopter mechanic for Columbia Helicopters (BV107-II (ch46) lifts 11,500 LBS and our B234 (ch47) lifts 32,000 LBS) but due to work I can be a logger or a firefighter at a moments notice. So spend all day flying around in a helciopter built in the 60's that pulls its guts out all day 10hrs a day, sounds fun huh

Also a DOD (army aviation blackhawks) employee but thats a way long explanation.

jeepatic4X4

I was actually going to do the same thing, if i didnt live in utah I'd have one. Winters are WAY too long.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Big Dog eh? Given my choice, I'd take a crotch rocket over a Big Dog any day. I have a few friends who have owned them, and I've ridden a few myself. From what I've seen, they're the most overpriced and unreliable bike on the market.

I ride Harleys for several reasons. One, because I can :D. Second, they tend to hold their value better than the imports. I guess another reason I ride one is most of my friends ride them, and many of the events we attend are Harley only.

You need to decide the type of riding you want to do. The rocket is fine around town, that's about it. Cruisers are my choice. Good in town, and I like to take 3000 mile escapes now and then.

However, don't think for a second you need to get a Harley to get a nice cruiser. The imports are as good or better, and far less money. If you want a cruiser, there's plenty of alternatives to the Harley, for about 1/2 the price.

Have you seen what I do for a living, im going down early anyways.

I still would have a cherokee for the trail so it wouldn't kill that hobby.

Im not going to get enough out of the cherokee i would sell to by a Harley or a Big Dog so thats why I was thinking a Rocket.

If someone tries to convince me to by a Buelle Im going to puke.

Coco

I was thinking of trading/selling one of the cherokees for a crotch rocket. All my vehicles Jeep, Ford, Olds get a whooping 12-13mpg so a bike for the summer seems like a good move. Looking at a used R6 or R1 or anything else i could get a deal on. Anyone got any current bike knowledge ?

I do expect to get bashed for even thinking of getting rid of a Jeep, lol.

I CALL THE ONE YOU JUST BOUGHT!:p

red

get the kinda bike your comfortable on and like riding. personally, i'm much more comfortable on my yzf than i ever was on my honda shadow (cruiser), even on longer trips. whichever kind of bike you go with keep your head on a swivel when your riding and figure that nobody see's you.