Think you have expensive fuel prices..?

TonyM

Charlie don't surf
Thought I would share this. This was taken near Fairbanks, AK from this weekend:eek:

Whats worse, is the shit is made here, from raw crude all the way to refined fuel... They ship it out, and then pay to ship it back up here... fcking idiots :mad:
gas.jpg

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The state taxes the eff out of oil companies so every man, woman and child gets that check. Companies never pay taxes, only consumers do.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Ouch. I hear Utah refines most of it's own as well, but I was in CO last weekend and the prices were nearly $0.50 cheaper over there on all flavors, especially diesel. :rolleyes:

TonyM

Charlie don't surf
......and any of this surprises you??????

Considering the national averages... yes, I am surprised.
http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

As far as the PFD thing goes, I don't think it has "Much" to do with the cost of gas. The PFD check is determined by royalties made by the state from the sale of oil, not the fed/state taxes on oil. ALthough that royalty does factor into the overall cost of the gasoline, most, if not all I believe, oil producing states have royalty rights as well, its just they don't share the interest income from those royalties with their citizens, like Alaska does.