This should get interesting. ATF wants to ban AR-15 Ammo on grounds o officer safety

Yeah I was looking at that the other day. Completely ridiculous and obviously written by someone trying to guise their ignorance by trying to sound educated.

What's awesome is the current run of panic buying and influx of the cartridge. Went from 36-40 cents ppr to .75-1.00 overnight.... Reminds me of the $2k Bushmaster AR15s....

slcpunk74

Original Saboteur
Same bs they pulled with the commie surplus 7n6 5.45 ammo. Drive the cost up by bringing availability down. Lead attacked by one alphabet gang, ammo banned on pure lies by another, and misinformation every hour on the hour.

Caleb

Pretty sure (atleast everything I've read) this is only for the m855 (green tip mil-surplus stuff). The title of this article is like saying they've banned ar15s because they've banned new ar15 machine guns.

Pretty sure (atleast everything I've read) this is only for the m855 (green tip mil-surplus stuff). The title of this article is like saying they've banned ar15s because they've banned new ar15 machine guns.
That is correct. It is only for the (X)M855 ammo and or the SS109 projectile (what the 855 actually fires).

Watch this video. It gives a pretty good summary as to why this is all around a bad idea.

http://youtu.be/rs-Pu8n_BHg

slcpunk74

Original Saboteur

Correct but any ground lost to these tyrants is ground never made up. Ask AK guys about the Chinese bans and the surplus steel core bans. Or even more recently the retarded Russian sanctions and 7n6 ban. Those who would like to cut off all guns and ammo are getting more bold. The AK and import bans are one thing because the NRA will do nothing to stand up for companies that don't give them major contributions. An attack on a domestically produced ammo is a sign they are getting bold. I sure hope that nobody thinks "oh this won't hurt me because I don't shoot that stuff" because that's what a lot of AR guys were saying with the recent attacks on AKs... No matter if you shoot 12ga, .50bmg, 5.56, or anything. This is an attack on YOUR rights.

I would fully expect another attack on standard capacity magazines and import ammo(lead core with bi-metal jacket). Regular bi-metal jacket .223 tula through my 10.5" barrel will easily punch through 1/4" cold rolled steel so the "can defeat body armor" bases is just silly. Green tip is much like the 7N6 Russian ammo in the way that it is designed to yaw in tissue. The small piece of steel creates a better tumble from imbalance when the lead is flattened on entry.

Last edited: