This Sucks!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
So I finally got my rearend put in after a long long time of waiting and installing with basic handtools...

I got the 44 with an ARB, Moser Axleshafts, and 4.10 gears.

So I take my Jeep down to JR at Ms. Conception Motorsports. Have him put in my 4.10's for the frontend which he did an awesome job, got all my seals replaced and got the front end up to par, so now I can go wheeling.

JR gave me a call to let me know it was done, I figured I have a couple hours before I can even pick it up, so I asked him if he would fix the bulkhead fitting on the rear 44 which connects to the ARB... He pulled it apart and gave me a call back...

Because the Bulkhead fitting had broken it had let water inside the housing....

Water sits below oil... Well, water and metal don't like each other right?!

Yeah, so JR Calls me back and tells me I have some major problems.. A couple bearings are blown out on the pinion so my pinion was sliding around.... 5 or 6 teeth on the ring were chipped and pitted. My ARB was rusted and the carrier was rusted... The axleshafts had surface rust, but they would still work fine... Both seals on the rear were gone.

So I finally find out whats going on... I have JR replace the carrier, R&P, Bulkhead fitting, and the copper wire... The ARB was fine just surface rust...

He cleaned out most of the rust and put in 90W with some addative... I am just happy that JR found all of those problems before my rearend grenaded and blew out my ARB, Axleshafts, R&P, and housing... That would've sucked even worse...

So... Not only did I get my front gears in, but I found out I had to double the cost of getting my Jeep able to go wheeling... Well... I guess it was money well spent. :D

I hate being broke! :D

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
Better now then on the trail far far away:cool:

I agree...

Originally posted by Limegreenxj and how much did you pay fo this axel?

Well... I got the axle for free from my brother, but he had no idea of all the problems inside of it...

JR actually fixed it for a reasonable price, but doing the rear unexpectedly made it a lot more than I thought... :rolleyes: