Thought I should contribute. Buildish thread

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
This is largely done, though the details will take me forever. A few years back I picked up this awesome, capable, and poorly put together samurai. It was way too much fun and stupid capable for the dough.

after too many of these

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Step one, cut off the body make it safe-ish and take the family to Moab in it. My wife wasn't impressed as it snowed an rained the whole time.
I was fine with it.

ghetto, but still wheelable. It was goofy with the short wheelbase, but I didn't want to miss jeep safari.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Next came the more time consuming stuff. Linked up rear, air-shocks, more tube, lowered extended front (still leaves for now). Toyota power steering, fuel cell blah blah.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Don't judge my flux core 110 welds. They are well tested :D . At this point it's starting to come together after a couple long years of building. It's been around the block a few times literally and figuratively and should get a shakedown run this week. By the way, yes that is a low range sticker on my wasp trap.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Nice buildup man thanks for sharing... def looks like you use your rig and that's what its all about. Waaay cool idea to go willys hood and grill I def like it.

Coco

I'm gonna call it the Pissed Off Penguin :D

I think that is sacreligous to put Jeep stuff on a Samurai tho isnt it? Just kidding, I actually like it. Looking good!

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Thanks for the comments. The way I see it, shortly after the war some Willys hung around Japan for a while which inevitably resulted in an occasional jeep-suzuki love child so it's really just nature at work.

The willy's hood and grill fit so well it's almost like it was made for it.

forgot to put some specs. 1.3 suzuki POWER, 6.5:1 t-case, Toyota axles with 5.71's and powertrax lockers.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
unfortunately, the sami truck is a photoshop. it was a dreamed build with my brother who decided to chase his dreams in Nashville instead of working like the rest of us :rolleyes: so it never happened.

Last edited:

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Maiden voyage underway. Zip tied wires out of the way and bungee'd the hood down and hit rattlesnake. Suspension worked great, celica power steering pump isn't really feeding the Toy truck box enough juice, and carb needs some attention after sitting for the better part of two years.

that said, it freaking wheels and I had a great time

let my boy drive, he was happy

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
First trip was amazing. Minimal issues considering this is my first build of this level. Hey Bart, the tires on it came from you. Ive had them for a few years and they've been on a few rigs at this point as well. They still seem to work :cool: