General Tech Thoughts on this bender?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Looking for a bender for some tube - mostly 1-3/4" .120 wall. Might do some 1.5" and maybe some 2" at some point.

It uses JD model 3 dies. has 5/8 thick arms, a 1/2 in wider fixed arm and 4140 pins. the arms are CNC milled. its set up for use with the harbor freight 8ton long ram air over hydraulic jack.
no dies,jack or degree wheel are included.
$285 + shipping
100B0510.jpg

100_0522.jpg

100_0521-1.jpg

100_0542.jpg

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Yeah, I just realized the Pro Tools HD105 is only $10 more. This is a no brainer and I'm sorry for wasting peoples time to even look at this thread ;)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Corban_White

The gottrikes bender has been around for years and used by many professional fabricators with much success. The main limitation is that it is a vertical bender as opposed to horizontal. This can cause issues with both the floor and the ceiling.

1995zj

I'm addicted
The gottrikes bender has been around for years and used by many professional fabricators with much success. The main limitation is that it is a vertical bender as opposed to horizontal. This can cause issues with both the floor and the ceiling.

True, but the fact that it can be rolled around is what I'm talking about. The current bender I use is a horizontal one that is bolted to the floor of my garage. I've never had issues with it, but I wish I could take my bender to my brother's house sometime rather than have him trailer his stuff here to work on his ish.

Corban_White

Which is the exact reason I converted my horiz. bender to hydro and put it on casters-but I still make everyone bring their stuff to my place. :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
True, but the fact that it can be rolled around is what I'm talking about. The current bender I use is a horizontal one that is bolted to the floor of my garage. I've never had issues with it, but I wish I could take my bender to my brother's house sometime rather than have him trailer his stuff here to work on his ish.

Which is the exact reason I converted my horiz. bender to hydro and put it on casters-but I still make everyone bring their stuff to my place. :D

That's what I was just going to say... Go hydro and then you can put it on a cart.

I've used this style (vertical) before, and it's ok. Sucks to be working on the ground all the time, though. Where as the horizontal style is at working height. But then, you have to bring the material up there. 6's I guess, but I don't plan on bending anything of length where the horizontal would be a PITA.

I haven't made any purchases, so keep talking about them :D I'm still leaning towards the Pro Tools 105HD with the hydro option.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I really like my PT105HD and the HF air over hydro bender. It works really well and was a ton cheaper than the hydro option from PT.

I've thought about going this route, but a buddy of mine has it said it's very loud. But definately less expensive than the other - what $100 compared to $500 (roughly of course)?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
This style is very handy for measuring your angle. Just stick your angle finder on it and up you go. And you could build yours as high or low to the ground as you want What ever makes you comfortable.