Three Bands You've Seen Live the Most

MOODY

Bald Guy
Next time they are in town and you're debating going, let me know. I've always wanted to see them live.

They come through quite a bit...they are actually on tour right now, but no SLC dates.

Victor Wooten will redefine what you know about the bass guitar. He rocks my shit.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
They come through quite a bit...they are actually on tour right now, but no SLC dates.

Victor Wooten will redefine what you know about the bass guitar. He rocks my shit.

I'm all about them, wooten and all.. Been listening since about '02? maybe '01... Seriously, let me know next time they're around here and let's go :brett: out..

YOUKNOW

I have only been to one concert. It was in May of 2002.

Opening band: Jimmy Eat World

then Green Day

Closing band: Blink 182

It was an awesome night. The drummer from Blink 182 was strapped to his drum seat and was brought out over the crowd. The the platform started to rotate upside down and then right side up a couple of times (if that makes sense) while he was playing a solo. It was way cool.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Unfortunately I've seen Royal Bliss probably 15 times over the years. that's 14 times too many.

Pennywise: 5 times
AFI: 5 times
Sweatshop Union: 4 times
Less Than Jake: 4 times

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Unfortunately I've seen Royal Bliss probably 15 times over the years. that's 14 times too many.

Pennywise: 5 times
AFI: 5 times
Sweatshop Union: 4 times
Less Than Jake: 4 times

Less Than Jake is coming in February, I'm thinking I'll hit them up. Also, I totally agree with you about Royal Bliss.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm not sure I'll go to the LTJ show....but they usually come and hang out with us until their bus takes off. Do I sound cool saying that?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, both of these acts were "warm up" bands in the 80s. I'm guessing a little as I don't have a Camaro, long hair (well, in back) and an alcohol issue any longer but I've seen both bands at least the indicated times.

Tesla--5 (?)

Poison--4

Ratt--3 (not backup at the time, though :rolleyes: )

....all of those were at the Salt Palace. Never been to a show at the Delta Center/ESA. I wore denim, not spandex like the really cool kids (say maybe BC?).

Favorite concert musically, I went to see Rush this year at USANA and they were EXCELLENT. However, I'm probably not cut out for the concert scene to much any more? To much for a ticket, and I was a little bored after a while (then they broke into Tom Sawyer and it was all OK). I'm a cheap bastid, I guess?

Oh, and Guster..... My youngest sister is into them. I really don't get it, at all. (but then again, look at the above musical "tastes".....)

Bands I didn't get to see that I wanted to:

Van Halen (for real.....one of my favorite bands---both Van Halen and Van Hagar)
KISS----(meh.....probably a good show, but never went)
Rolling Stones (holy expensive ticket batman!)
Paul McCartney (missed that this summer due to having to travel--kind of bummed)

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Bad Religion, 2x

Pennywise, 2x (both at Redfest at the U)

Social Distortion, 2x

I haven't made it to many concerts in the last few years, not that I haven't wanted to go, just not enough time. There are many that I've missed and been really bummed about. :(

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Pennywise, 2x (both at Redfest at the U)

You know, I went to a few of the Redfest (or wasn't it called Mayfest?) at the U when I was in Jr High and saw some punk bands. I was way into classic rock at the time so I didn't really pay attention to who it was. I wonder if it was Pennywise? the only band I remember from back then was a local band called Clover, and the only reason I remember them is because my brother worked with the lead singer for a long time.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
System - Countless

Pinback - 4

311 w/ Jimmies Chicken Shack 3/2

Just saw Pinback again last night.. Awesome performance. They played two songs that I've never heard, and I have somehow managed to collect more Pinback music than anyone I've ever met who is into Pinback.. So that was really cool. This show made up and more for last year's show where they seemed like they just wanted to be done and get out of town... I think one of their kids was having a birthday party the next morning, and mentioned that they wanted to split.. That show was not the greatest.. Last night's was their 2nd best that I've seen. Their encore was 6 songs, and they played a ton of older tunes.

I sure do hope that they are wroking on a new album.. It's been three years since their last.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
I havent been to a concert in years. I would have to say my top 3 were:

Blues Traveler 15-20x
Phish 8x
Widespread panic 5x

The list of one-time shows goes on. Bare Naked Ladies, Lynrd Skynrd, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Sublime, Cypress Hill, Outcast, Jessie Main, LBC, etc.