Tie downs / Ratchet Straps

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
My last set got stolen (by my bro ;)) so I am in the market for new ones...

I stopped by several places today... wasn't happy with the results...

Henderson - doesn't carry the J-hook type
Six-States - Only had the 2" (10000 lb) ones ~$25 each
Home Depot - $14, 2", 10000 lb, but they look kind've cheap
Pep Boys - $27 ea, 2", 10000 lb,

I want some 3" (15000 lb) J-hook type... Anyone have a clue who stocks them for ~$25?

Cory

Can't remember the exact name, but it is a semi supply store in south salt lake. It has all kinds of straps for really good prices. If you look up semi supply in the yellow pages you should find it.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I bought my last ones a Walmart. They were 10k lb I believe, but they had the J-hooks and worked real well. I have since gone with tow truck chains and binders and will never go back to straps. (Nor will I ever have to buy new chains ;) )

footin fool

Coreshot said:
I bought my last ones a Walmart. They were 10k lb I believe, but they had the J-hooks and worked real well. I have since gone with tow truck chains and binders and will never go back to straps. (Nor will I ever have to buy new chains ;) )

I will second the never going back to straps. I got my chains at HF 3/8 x14ft
$15.00 each. Then I went over to six states and bought a binder. Harbor also has the binders. I went through to many straps from rubbing on the trailer. The chains hold a lot better. ;) Thelast time I was over to Sams club they had the 2 inch 10,000lb straps for $12.00 each. Six states will also have the 3 inch you where asking for.

Jeeptj98

cruiseroutfit said:
My last set got stolen (by my bro ;)) so I am in the market for new ones...

I stopped by several places today... wasn't happy with the results...

Henderson - doesn't carry the J-hook type
Six-States - Only had the 2" (10000 lb) ones ~$25 each
Home Depot - $14, 2", 10000 lb, but they look kind've cheap
Pep Boys - $27 ea, 2", 10000 lb,

I want some 3" (15000 lb) J-hook type... Anyone have a clue who stocks them for ~$25?

I bought my last set at State Trailer Supply. Also I think I remember seeing some at the IFA.

kirk86CJ

Cory said:
Can't remember the exact name, but it is a semi supply store in south salt lake. It has all kinds of straps for really good prices. If you look up semi supply in the yellow pages you should find it.

Semi Service 1082 S 300 W

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Good suggestions, I will check thos places out...

On a side note, I would love to get a set of the big hook chains that wreckers use for rear axles... Anyone find a source of cheap ones? I have a couple binders kicking around, mabey I should go chain.

kirk86CJ

cruiseroutfit said:

On a side note, I would love to get a set of the big hook chains that wreckers use for rear axles... Anyone find a source of cheap ones? I have a couple binders kicking around, mabey I should go chain.

I bought mine at Rocky Mountain Wrecker Sales. Just West of I-15, and about 3400 S

I like mine.

Kirk

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
If you've got the binders already, go hit Harbor Freight for some chain.... You cant afford Rocky Mountains throw hooks, but I do love mine... :D
Get the chains, maybe you'll stumble across some hooks later.

cruiseroutfit said:

grinch

inner city redneck
BCGPER said:
If you've got the binders already, go hit Harbor Freight for some chain.... You cant afford Rocky Mountains throw hooks, but I do love mine... :D

Ive ran my HF chains and binders for 3 years now and will never go back to a strap.... Most stuff from HF sucks but the chains and binders I bought have held up extremely well and If i rember correctly they were in the same price neighborhood as the 3" straps I kept breaking.....

utahxjer

BCGPER said:
How much are the hooks?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Rocky Mountains have about 10" of chain, and grab hooks with frame attachment hook, and are DOT certified. All of which, you're paying a premium for. That sight is awsome! The first hooks shown, for $16 and change are what I run... I'd snag four of them, a couple HF chains, and two binders and you're in business!

QUOTE=utahxjer]whaaaa? Are they just hooks you attach to chains?

This place seems to have em cheap...

http://www.florawrecker.com/cgi-bin...creen=CTGY&Store_Code=TS&Category_Code=JHOOKS[/QUOTE]

kirk86CJ

BCGPER said:
80 bucks per, last time I had to get em.....

I didn't pay that much. Seems like mine were less than $40.00/pair. I think mine are the 15". I know I could have got one a little longer/bigger for more money, but didn't see the need.

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
I think the semi supply place might be Haf(f)er's. Its on 300 west, and somewhere between 13 s and 17 s. Also a Freightliner store there somewhere too. Best of luck Kurt.